Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian1547
Paper Tape
Views: 228
Message 1 of 3

Moto X Pure - Cannot access lockscreen

Hi, earlier today I fell twice and landed on my phone both times. I was on my skateboard. When I fell the first time, it was okay until I fell the second time and now I am having problems with my phone. Everytime I try to turn on my phone it lights up and shows the screen with the blue circle and then the M in the middle, so basically the normal startup screen; however, it will turn off briefly(like 2 seconds) then turn back on to that same screen. If I try to charge it, it will show the charging screen, and go to the blue circle motorola screen and turn on and off like before, but it does not charge at all. Multiple times have I gone into the external settings where I hold the volume buttons then the power button, but turning it off or on from there will make the same thing happen as before. It is like the phone is stuck on the startup and cannot get out of it. All buttons work and are responsive. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 196
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto X Pure - Cannot access lockscreen

@ian1547 wrote:

Hi, earlier today I fell twice and landed on my phone both times. I was on my skateboard. When I fell the first time, it was okay until I fell the second time and now I am having problems with my phone. Everytime I try to turn on my phone it lights up and shows the screen with the blue circle and then the M in the middle, so basically the normal startup screen; however, it will turn off briefly(like 2 seconds) then turn back on to that same screen. If I try to charge it, it will show the charging screen, and go to the blue circle motorola screen and turn on and off like before, but it does not charge at all. Multiple times have I gone into the external settings where I hold the volume buttons then the power button, but turning it off or on from there will make the same thing happen as before. It is like the phone is stuck on the startup and cannot get out of it. All buttons work and are responsive. 

It sounds like it is physically damaged at this point. If you can't do an external reset, then service is the only option. You could have damaged the motherboard. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
ian1547
Paper Tape
Views: 188
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto X Pure - Cannot access lockscreen

Internal damage is what I think I did. I charged it overnight;however, nothing new occurred,but thank you. It is 2 years old anyway, so I may just buy a new phone.