Options

3 Posts

09-29-2018

US

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto X Pure Edition - broken screen, trying to download images from micro SD card

2018-09-29, 14:32 PM

Hi folks,

I have a Moto X Pure Edition, the screen of which is damaged and non-responsive.

I would like to download the images and videos stored on the microSD card in the phone, but when I insert the card in a card reader into my Mac, it does not recognize the card, and I am unable to access the files.

I'd be most grateful for any assistance.

Thanks in advance!

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto X Pure Edition - broken screen, trying to download images from micro SD card

2018-09-29, 14:44 PM

wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a Moto X Pure Edition, the screen of which is damaged and non-responsive.

I would like to download the images and videos stored on the microSD card in the phone, but when I insert the card in a card reader into my Mac, it does not recognize the card, and I am unable to access the files.

I'd be most grateful for any assistance.

Thanks in advance!

If you formatted your card as internal/adopted storage it is encrypted and can only be read by the X Pure. You would have to access it while it is plugged into the phone. 

If you had google photos backup enabled you may find your photos under your google account online. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

3 Posts

09-29-2018

US

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto X Pure Edition - broken screen, trying to download images from micro SD card

2018-09-29, 20:59 PM
That's what I thought. Thank you for confirming.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete