Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-12-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 14

Moto X Pure Edition now starting to be unresponsive

2017-12-13, 6:21 AM

I updated to Nougat a while ago, and since then my phone hasn't seemed the same. It has gotten so slow at times that it will take 10 seconds to respond to touch, so I am unable to get past my lock screen, since there isn't responding to my password fast enough to keep the screen awake. I have already deleted the software cache files, however, it has seemed to only get worse and more frequent.

Options

50 Posts

12-09-2015

United States of America

474 Signins

6617 Page Views

• Views: 6617
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: Moto X Pure Edition now starting to be unresponsive

2017-12-14, 18:25 PM

Have you tried a factory data reset?  That is never really a fun option, but it seems like it may be worth it in your case.  If you choose to go that route, be sure to back eveything up first. 

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

Philippines

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 3 of 14

2017-12-14, 20:56 PM

wrote:

I updated to Nougat a while ago, and since then my phone hasn't seemed the same. It has gotten so slow at times that it will take 10 seconds to respond to touch, so I am unable to get past my lock screen, since there isn't responding to my password fast enough to keep the screen awake. I have already deleted the software cache files, however, it has seemed to only get worse and more frequent.

Hi NathanHu

Sorry for the inconvenience but let me help. Since this has happened after the update, I suggest doing a clear cache partition and let me know how it goes. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Options

1941 Posts

08-11-2010

United States of America

863 Signins

14025 Page Views

• Views: 14025
  • Message 4 of 14

2017-12-15, 1:08 AM

wrote:

wrote:

........ I have already deleted the software cache files,........

Hi NathanHu

Sorry for the inconvenience but let me help. Since this has happened after the update, I suggest doing a clear cache partition and let me know how it goes. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Moto_Ella,

Since NathanHu wrote "...I have already deleted the software cache files...", shouldn't we presume that he has already done a clear cache partition?

Options

57 Posts

08-12-2011

United States of America

888 Signins

9187 Page Views

• Views: 9187
  • Message 5 of 14

2017-12-15, 23:03 PM

I would bet a factory data reset would help and don't allow Google to reinstall your apps and settings. Sometimes after a major update an app or it's settings will misbehave and torch the CPU. By hand installing the apps and setting them back up manually you will keep from reinstating the issue if it was an app or it's settings. 

Options

142 Posts

11-13-2014

India

640 Signins

12555 Page Views

• Views: 12555
  • Message 6 of 14

2017-12-16, 3:49 AM

wrote:

I would bet a factory data reset would help and don't allow Google to reinstall your apps and settings. Sometimes after a major update an app or it's settings will misbehave and torch the CPU. By hand installing the apps and setting them back up manually you will keep from reinstating the issue if it was an app or it's settings. 

I'm having the same problem with my moto x style. When I tap the back button to close an app, it will take a few seconds to respond and then hangs for a moment.

This is after doing all sorts of clearing cache from storage option, clear cache partition from recovery option and also a full factory reset.

I bet it never happened to my when I was on marshmallow. It was all snappy and fast for the whole year and half on marshmallow with lot more apps and stuff than what it has now.

But this time it looks all wrong with this phone. I literally don't know where to start from when it comes to issues on my Moto X Style. Say, screen flickering, ghost touch, camera issues, gallery etc. Even typing on the keypad is so slow that I have to wait a bit for my phone to catch up with me.

It doesn't feel like using a sd808/3GB phone  at all. My Moto G(1st gen.. ya, still using it for my back up needs) with just 1GB ram is more snappy and responsive than my x style.

~AlphaKilo09
Options

57 Posts

08-12-2011

United States of America

888 Signins

9187 Page Views

• Views: 9187
  • Message 7 of 14

2017-12-16, 6:01 AM

You need to start with a factory reset. Then install nothing no apps. Then use the phone and test. See if the issue is gone. If it is add back your apps one at a time. Or if you know how to log via adb you could likely find the offending app or apps as my bet is it is an app. 

Options

142 Posts

11-13-2014

India

640 Signins

12555 Page Views

• Views: 12555
  • Message 8 of 14

2017-12-17, 18:28 PM

Ya, like I said in my previous post, tried all basic troubleshooting steps. I even tried running it with only just stock apps for a week and the problem persists. The lag just kicks in from day 2. Even the phone dialer app hangs whilemaking receiving calls. Imagine that. I stress that there are no extra apps apart from the stock apps that come with the phone. What can I do more. I don't even have anything to suspect.

~AlphaKilo09
Options

3 Posts

01-22-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 9 of 14

2018-01-22, 22:01 PM

I am having the exact same problem with my Motorola x pure edition phone. I don't know what to do. 

Options

3 Posts

01-22-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 10 of 14

2018-01-22, 22:25 PM

wrote:

wrote:

I'm having the same problem with my moto x style. When I tap the back button to close an app, it will take a few seconds to respond and then hangs for a moment.

This is after doing all sorts of clearing cache from storage option, clear cache partition from recovery option and also a full factory reset.

I bet it never happened to my when I was on marshmallow. It was all snappy and fast for the whole year and half on marshmallow with lot more apps and stuff than what it has now.

But this time it looks all wrong with this phone. I literally don't know where to start from when it comes to issues on my Moto X Style. Say, screen flickering, ghost touch, camera issues, gallery etc. Even typing on the keypad is so slow that I have to wait a bit for my phone to catch up with me.

It doesn't feel like using a sd808/3GB phone  at all. My Moto G(1st gen.. ya, still using it for my back up needs) with just 1GB ram is more snappy and responsive than my x style.

I am having these exact same issues! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms