Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

07-10-2012

United States of America

22 Signins

281 Page Views

• Views: 281
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto X Pure Will Not Update

2017-11-03, 22:17 PM

I've been completely unable to update my unlocked Moto X Pure beyond the original reset date of May 1, 2016.   I've wiped the phone multiple times and all it does is tell me there's no update available.  There are multiple Marshmallow updates available, and I'd like to get the phone on Nougat.   The system's firmware has so far blocked attempts to manually update it to either the September or December 2016 Marshmallow updates through Recovery Mode.  The phone is not rooted and the bootloader is locked. 

Help?   Thank you. 

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto X Pure Will Not Update

2017-11-04, 1:35 AM

wrote:

I've been completely unable to update my unlocked Moto X Pure beyond the original reset date of May 1, 2016.   I've wiped the phone multiple times and all it does is tell me there's no update available.  There are multiple Marshmallow updates available, and I'd like to get the phone on Nougat.   The system's firmware has so far blocked attempts to manually update it to either the September or December 2016 Marshmallow updates through Recovery Mode.  The phone is not rooted and the bootloader is locked. 

Help?   Thank you. 

Sounds normal. We have a long thread here

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X-Pure-Moto-X-Style/Android-7-0-Nougat-Update-for-Moto-X-Pure-Style/td-p/3399914/jump-to/first-unread-message

The update simply hasnt been pushed to your phone. 

Please use existing threads instead of creating new ones.  Closing duplicate thread.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms