Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
esteban221
Blue Screen Again
Views: 942
Message 1 of 5

Moto X Pure (XT 1575) Random shutdown - Battery problems

In 2016, I bought  2 moto X pure phones (XT 1575), one of 16 GB and one of 32.

One and a half years later, in 2018, they began to fail, with weeks of difference. The phones turn off, when the battery still has charge. If you tried to turn them on, the image of the battery with 0% charge appeared, but when you plug the charger, the battery charge shown was much higher, 30 to 70%. At first it happened when the battery was below 15%, but each time it passed with more load,even doing it with charge superior to 50 or 60%
Motorola recommend to erase the cache, or use it in safe mode, or reset it to factory. All these steps were followed and the failure continued.
Finally, on the advice of several technical services, in June 2018, i replaced both batteries.

In the 32 gb phone, the fault happened again after 2 months. in the other it began last week.

So now, I have a useless phone, as i can not trust what battery percentage it shows.

Because I'm living in Argentina, and I bougth the phones in the US, local motorola service will not receive them.

So, here I am, trying to see if someone could help me solve it. 

Thanks in advance

turnersapien
Paper Tape
Views: 905
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto X Pure (XT 1575) Random shutdown - Battery problems

Did your replacement batteries have the "bend" like the original batteries? where did you source them from? 

esteban221
Blue Screen Again
Views: 899
Message 3 of 5

Actually, they were flat.

I bougth them online. They were sold to me as original spares.

turnersapien
Paper Tape
Views: 883
Message 4 of 5

That's what I thought, those were not original batteries. Like you, I have a 32GB MXPE that I've owned since 2016. This MXPE has a failing battery that I need to replace, but the battery isn’t *that* bad yet. However, I recently purchased a 64GB MXPE from eBay and it had a TERRIBLE battery that was having random shutdowns just like you describe, and I have a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 that started doing this. I spent hours, days really, searching forums and listing to find a “real” genuine battery to replace it with and to find out what others were going through with battery replacements. From this research I discovered that any battery that arrives flat and not already bent for the MXPE, is a counterfeit. I also discovered that eBay, Amazon, and Aliexpress were not reliable battery sources. People complained of batteries only lasting a few weeks or a few months from these sources, so I was not exactly confident I would be able to find a real battery.

I fix phones as a hobby and I have a friend who owns a phone repair shop and, after talking with him, he suggested that I source my battery from Mobile Defenders . com. He said that he had used them in the past for Motorola repairs and they seemed to have genuine Motorola parts. So, I ordered a battery for my MXPE(and my Droid Turbo 2) and when I compared the factory installed battery to the replacement, they were identical complete with bend. The only differences that I could discern were serial numbers and the old battery had a slight “puff.” Performance of the new battery has been incredible(for a MXPE) and I could not be happier with it. Based on what you describe, I would be inclined to believe that the replacement batteries you received were counterfeit and simply failed due to cheap materials/construction. If it were me, I would find a genuine battery source to get replacements from and try again. I’m not sure if Mobile Defenders will ship to Argentina, but you could always email them. It’s frustrating that more genuine parts suppliers are not available, hopefully you can find something.

esteban221
Blue Screen Again
Views: 877
Message 5 of 5

First of all, thank you for your replies.

I know, the quality of the battery, may be part of the problem. But the thing is, that the original ones, that came with the phones when I bougth them, only lasted 15 months. Never in my history of phones, had a battery died so early.
I would hate, to spend a lot of money on an original certified battery, and have the same issue in a year. 

Top Kudoed Authors