Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 3 (88 Views)

Moto X Pure on Sprint: Domestic Roaming

I'm a current Moto X 2013 user on Sprint, and have decided to pick up a new MXP before they disappear; as I want to "test drive" a phablet without having to shell out x3 as much for a new Pixel XL, plus I still believe that Moto Voice is the best way to communicate while driving.

I read on a non-Sprint affiliated website, and elsewhere on the then Motorola, dicsussion board that there was at least one Sprint postpay customer/MSP user whose phone, and the replacement Motorola sent him, would NOT connect to any roaming partners when he went out of Sprint coverage.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thank in advance,

Matthew

Lenovo Employee
Message 2 of 3 (78 Views)

Re: Moto X Pure on Sprint: Domestic Roaming

I can't speak towards the Moto X 2013 edition... 

My Moto X Pure 2015 edition model XT1575 works well on Sprint. It's been taken to Mexico while under Sprints roaming plan without issue... Though you may have to set it to GSM mode vs LTE/CDMA mode.

It's also been in Italy where we took advantage of Sprint offering low speed data at no charge. 

The SIM under Sprint in the US for the Moto X 2015 edition model XT1575 is Sprint Part #SIMGLW446C

Lenovo Employee
Message 3 of 3 (38 Views)

Re: Moto X Pure on Sprint: Domestic Roaming

You should also make sure you are on the Sprint Open World plan, usually a no charge plan add on. Also, switch the default messaging program to Google Messages, which has better Sprint tie ins. 

Jot down the number you may need to call for international sprint support just in case... Maybe you can call it from a friend's phone. 

Also, since the Moto X 2015 is unlocked, you can always buy a prepaid sim for the country you are going to, and use that in your phone. 

It's really a good phone.

Top Kudoed Authors