Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
copyimitation
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,525
Message 1 of 6

Moto X Pure won't charge - Battery at Zero

So my screen broke and and it wouldn't let me shut my phone off... I had to wait for it to completely die. Well i installed a new screen yesterday, but now it won't charge! I've tried the stock charger, and two others. With the stock charger the screen flashes on once, with the battery dead indicator, then back to black. With the other two chargers the screen flashes constantly. (stuck in a boot loop) I can get into the fastboot menu, but recovery won't start (the phone just restarts and is stuck in a boot loop). The only option that works is 'factory mode', which boots the phone to my home screen but again, the battery does not charge. I tried a factory restore, and it just went back to the boot loop. Any suggestions?? I'm about to rip my hair out...

Lenovo Employee rbkirk
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,513
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto X Pure won't charge - Battery at Zero

Sounds like your phone has systemic damage. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time on it. A G5 plus is close, and generally aggressively priced if you hunt a bit online. The rumored X4 launches probably next week, but won't ship til sometime after that. 

If your screen broke, look hard at the z2 force, with its unbreakable scrren. T-mobile is currently running the best deal, effectively a buy one get one. Note the Z2 Force is NOT carrier unlocked. Also, while the screen is unbreakable, it is not scratch proof. Put a disposable tempered glass screen protector on it to have both small scratch and full shatter protection. Other carriers may also have incentives 

3 members of my family have the Moto z2 force. It is much lighter and thinner than the Moto X 2015. Pretty amazing to hold. It will be my next phone. 

copyimitation
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,510
Message 3 of 6

Well considering i just bought a replacement screen, i would really like to try and figure this out.

Lenovo Employee rbkirk
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,505
Message 4 of 6

In the meantime, Best Buy has an aggressive sale on the G5 plus (at least for today)

Note the G5 plus S model will release any day now. It's a higher tier G5 plus 

copyimitation
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,487
Message 5 of 6

IMG_20170819_114029.jpg

IMG_20170819_113713.jpg

IMG_20170819_114217.jpg

So what I don't understand is why it let's me get into the bootloader menu, but the only option that works is 'Factory Mode'. Which let's me get to my home screen and use my phone but won't charge it.. (It's also kinda weird that I only have to hold the volume down button to get into the bootloader menu, no power button needed 🤔) 

paulodeleo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 694
Message 6 of 6

Hey, have you fixed it somehow? Suffering from the same here.

Top Kudoed Authors