Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 228 (35,266 Views)

Moto X Style - VoLTE Request

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Yesterday I came across the following thread;

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X-Play/Moto-X-Play-VoLTE/td-p/3251900/page/7

In which, Motorola India released patch for  Moto X Play, enabling "VoLTE" support for "Reliance Jio".

Moto X Style was flagship phone of 2015, and in India, it's still stuck to 6.0 Marshmallow Feb Security Update.

My request is kindly release the same update for Moto X Style because without Manufacturer's support, such feature can't be enable by Sim Provider alone.

Guys please support me on this.

Thank you,

Arnold

large.pnglarge (1).png

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 228 (34,908 Views)

Re: Moto X Style - VoLTE Request

Edited title to be more descriptive. 

* Search is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 228 (34,905 Views)

Thanks bro, I hope Motorola gives some attention to it.

If some users can come and support the cause then it will be highly beneficial as happend during

Moto X Play thread.

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 228 (34,729 Views)

Having the same problem.....

I am using reliance 4g sim right now and the VoLTE function is not available and after doing some research on YouTube I find that I can use VoLTE by running jio join.....

After installing, I found that the internet connection keeps disconnecting as soon as I place a call.....

Motorola, kindly look into the matter and release a firmware update so that we can use VoLTE on reliance jio sim cards..

It is very annoyinging that we have to write forums for a flagship phone.......

The company should have tested this before our find out.

Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 228 (34,788 Views)

What motorola is doing? There thinking is not even logical. They provided update for volte support on a mid range device but no volte support for their last years flagship. I have a jio sim and cannot make calls on my moto x style. Thinking of shifting to nexus after having moto g1,g2,play and style and g4.

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 228 (34,753 Views)

[ Edited ]

Reply received from Motorola India regarding the same.

Customer Reference number:160728-014690

Dear Arnold,
Thank you for contacting Motorola. We appreciate your interest on volte update.

Currently we are not having any official information regarding your query

We request you to kindly check with motorola.in website for software updates

Here is the link https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/2014/
For additional questions we are here to help. You can reach us at our toll-free number 18001022344 (Mon-Sun 10 AM to 7 PM ).
We appreciate your patience and value your business.

Regards,
Mounika
Motorola India
 Customer By Web Form (Arnold)28/07/2016 01.39 PM

Sir,
Yesterday I came across the following thread;

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X-Play/Moto-X-Play-VoLTE/td-p/3251900/page/7

In which, Motorola India released patch for Moto X Play, enabling "VoLTE" support for "Reliance Jio", which is going to be a Top Mobile Network Provider in India in future, already they have 7 millions customer even before launch of their services commercially.

Moto X Style was flagship phone of 2015, and in India, it's still stuck to 6.0 Marshmallow Feb Security Update.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X-Pure-Moto-X-Style/Moto-X-Style-VoLTE/td-p/3381326

My request is kindly release the same update for Moto X Style because without Manufacturer's support, such feature can't be enable by Sim Provider alone.

And please update me if you guys are working on this, if not, then also please let me know so that in future I will not buy Motorola Phones, when their Flagship phones are treated well.

Your's faithfully,
Arnold

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 228 (34,752 Views)

[ Edited ]

Looks like they aren't interested even a bit. Last update came on Feb 2016, after that there hasn't been any update ornnews.

Moto X Style as a phone is so complete and nice but without software support it won't be go in the longer run.

Even smaller manufacturers are releasing the patch, from Motorola this isn't expected. They should give us some news regarding it.

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 228 (34,760 Views)

Motorola never comments on features or updates. So asking when or if; and trying to draw conclusions from no answer, is not accurate or helpful. 

All that is known for sure is that there is no news either way. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 228 (34,718 Views)

Blackviper_2015 wrote:

What motorola is doing? There thinking is not even logical. They provided update for volte support on a mid range device but no volte support for their last years flagship. I have a jio sim and cannot make calls on my moto x style. Thinking of shifting to nexus after having moto g1,g2,play and style and g4.

Be careful which Nexus phone you shift too, not all are on the list for Jio phones that support VoLTE. 

VoLTE is relatively new, and every carrier does it differently. So to expect any phone manufacturer to test and have ready an unlocked phone for every carrier on the earth is not reasonable. 

Paper Tape
Message 10 of 228 (34,682 Views)

If such is the case then we user can't do anything about it.

But there is no harm in trying, may be in this way our voice reaches Motorola.

Little desperation is there because in India, since Feb 2016, no updates have come. Other than that we can't do anything but just wish that patch comes for it and yes, if N can come then a great stuff.

Cheers
Top Kudoed Authors