Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-06-2018

Germany

2 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto X Style simply turns off at 35 or less percent

2018-03-06, 19:35 PM

So the issue with my Moto X Style is that it will turn off at about 35 or less percent. It will then show that my battery is empty and I'm not able to turn it back on. The only way to turn it back on is charging it and when its charging it says that my battery isn't at 0% like the empty battery symbol indicates, but at 30%. I've tried everything at this point. I've reset my phone and when that didn't work I went to a phone repair store and got my phone battery replaced. After the replacement, it worked fine for like 1 1/2 months but now the issue is back and I simply don't know what to do anymore. I've tried out safe mode in which my phone doesn't just turn off, but my battery goes from about 28% to 4% in about 10 minutes. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

Options

473 Posts

08-28-2017

Philippines

217 Signins

5446 Page Views

• Views: 5446
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto X Style simply turns off at 35 or less percent

2018-03-06, 21:27 PM

wrote:

So the issue with my Moto X Style is that it will turn off at about 35 or less percent. It will then show that my battery is empty and I'm not able to turn it back on. The only way to turn it back on is charging it and when its charging it says that my battery isn't at 0% like the empty battery symbol indicates, but at 30%. I've tried everything at this point. I've reset my phone and when that didn't work I went to a phone repair store and got my phone battery replaced. After the replacement, it worked fine for like 1 1/2 months but now the issue is back and I simply don't know what to do anymore. I've tried out safe mode in which my phone doesn't just turn off, but my battery goes from about 28% to 4% in about 10 minutes. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

Hi Juliakay,

We understand how important it is for you to have a good and working device. Have you tried booting in safe mode if the concern is still persistent? Also, have you tried to perform a factory data reset without restoring applications? You mentioned that you send it to be repaired. Is it a Motorola Service center? If no, I'm afraid that the warranty may be voided.

Regards,
Tim
Motorola Support

Options

3 Posts

03-06-2018

Germany

2 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 3 of 6

2018-03-09, 16:13 PM

Hey, 

What does booting in safe mode mean? Because like I already said, I have tried out safe mode and my battery just drains much faster but doesn't turn off all of sudden. However it doesn't help me that much that my phone doesn't turn off in safe mode, 'cause my battery drains faster than it already does and I can't use any 3rd party apps. I've tried resetting, but I'm not sure if my apps restored automatically. How do I reset my phone without restoring apps? My warranty has run already run out a while back, so I just got it repaired at a local phone store. 

Options

13378 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1272 Signins

172610 Page Views

• Views: 172610
  • Message 4 of 6

2018-03-15, 15:05 PM

Hi Juliakay,

Thanks for the response. I'm sorry to know about this. I understand you already performed the factory reset. To make sure that it is full factory data reset you need to unmark/uncheck the automatic restore. 

To Factory Data Reset w/o Automatic Restore:

Settings > Backup & Reset > Toggle Off Automatic Restore

Please make sure to remove Gmail accounts prior to factory data reset. Also, take note of your accounts so you can log it in back to your account.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

12-22-2015

Brazil

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 6

2018-03-20, 16:12 PM

Same here with my moto-x when battery is about 23% it shutdown and dont boot up until connected to charger and wait about five minutes.

Tried everything, safe mode, reset, etc.

Options

1 Posts

03-21-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 6 of 6

2018-03-21, 15:47 PM

My wife and I are both dealing with this issue as well(both Moto X Pure owners), in addition to ridiculously fast battery drain. I've read in other conversations in this forum that it likely has to do with the Nougat upgrade rather than our individual devices.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms