Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 21 of 24

Re: Moto X pure storage issue...My Moto X pure Android OS is using 22.39GB of storage

2017-11-15, 19:31 PM

wrote:

wrote:

... If you didn't see in another thread, I used the Sprint SIM route to update my phone and wound up with a corrupt OTA of 7 (though I am on a Verizon MVNO). Could be the reason behind "why" 7 has been so long in the delivery to the XPE devices.

Been following your upgrade saga, along with the others ... and the occasional difficulties like you had surprised me.  That "Sprint build" installed and ran fine on my first MXPE, and I'm impatient to get it back on my Motocare replacement device.  It HAS been an odd rollout, that's for certain - not the normal pattern for Moto.

Not sure why the occasional problem happens, but it's really not a surprise.  We see oddball, one-off problems just like every other industry.  It's something that can't be eradicated because it's impossible to test every possible configuration/scenario.  A million phones will update flawlessly, and #1,000,001 gets bricked.  

There is no "Sprint" build.  If there were, the non-Sprint people who used the Sprint SIM method to upgrade would have apps/configurations/features that don't work for them.  It has been an odd rollout, but the answer to that lies in finding out why (which we never will) the other carriers held off on allowing the update to roll.  A lot of people, including non-Sprint users, report improved performance with this upgrade.

Let's see what happens...

Options

603 Posts

07-06-2010

United States of America

1317 Signins

18729 Page Views

• Views: 18729
  • Message 22 of 24

Re: Moto X pure storage issue...My Moto X pure Android OS is using 22.39GB of storage

2017-11-15, 19:39 PM

wrote:

There is no "Sprint" build.  If there were, the non-Sprint people who used the Sprint SIM method to upgrade would have apps/configurations/features that don't work for them.

I know. Put the term in quotes to distinguish it from the .23 build that popped up for a few VZ customers last week.  Didn't mean to perpetuate a myth!  :-)

Options

1270 Posts

11-15-2013

United States of America

440 Signins

4527 Page Views

• Views: 4527
  • Message 23 of 24

2017-11-16, 16:51 PM

wrote:

wrote:

There is no "Sprint" build.  If there were, the non-Sprint people who used the Sprint SIM method to upgrade would have apps/configurations/features that don't work for them.

I know. Put the term in quotes to distinguish it from the .23 build that popped up for a few VZ customers last week.  Didn't mean to perpetuate a myth!  :-)

To further muddy the waters, I'm on a .23 build on T-Mobile.

Hopefully the OP has some resolution to this strange issue.  My Android OS usage is only 10.82GB, so OP is 2x that.

Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

• Views: 85486
  • Message 24 of 24

2017-11-21, 21:28 PM

wrote:

Yes it is ok for you to look at my apps...Thanks for your help!!

Hi ShirleyB1,

Your phone needs to be submitted for replacement. Please PM me your details so that I can assist you further.  This will include your first & last name, active email address and phone number. 

You can send me a PM by clicking my Username> Send this username a private message. Thanks!

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms