Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bharanivijay
Punch Card
Views: 3,163
Message 1 of 9

Moto x pure screen flickering

Guys anyone having this screen flickering problem.

I often getting this problem and it's getting corrected when I reboot my pure.

Anyone tell me how to fix this problem permanently.

I also have my warranty.

IMG_0091-1200x1600.JPG

Former Employee
Views: 3,090
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto x pure screen flickering

Hi Bharanivijay,

Please try to perform safe mode on the device. While on safe mode, observe the device if still flickering. If not, third party apps is causing the problem. Let me know.

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Support

Michael0597
What's DOS?
Views: 1,995
Message 3 of 9

I'm having similar issue since upgrading to Nougat. Only the lower half of the screen is affected, but video recordings are also jittery with lag.

I have plenty of memory, and minimal apps running.

How can I fix this problem, making the phone almost useless???

MuneebS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,968
Message 4 of 9

I ran into this issue this morning. After a reboot the screen went to normal. So i did what Joy suggested to reboot in safe mode and the flickering was back. 

BTW this is my 4th replacement phone from Motorola. 

KhoaH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,934
Message 5 of 9

I met the screen fickering right after update security Oct via OTA. The screen display correctly but the touch screen is broken at the middle screen, height 0.5 inch though all width of screen. I try to use factory reset but touch screen cannot work more. The screen on Moto X style is too bad. I replaced 3 screen during 3 months from warranty service. But now my phone warranty is expired and cannot repair from 3rd party because there is no screen devices more. How can I fix the touch screen?

AlphaKilo09
Token Ring
Views: 1,895
Message 6 of 9

I'm facing this issue since very first nougat update.

Screenshot (110).pngScreenshot (107).pngScreenshot (105).pngScreenshot (103).pngScreenshot (99).png

Link to video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3fzh978NGlSbDloUDc1M0cxWjQ/view?usp=drivesdk

~AlphaKilo09
KhoaH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,842
Message 7 of 9

I add snapshot for details

20171214_094033.jpg20171214_094111.jpg20171214_094128.jpg20171214_143121.jpgTouch screen is broken at bottom and middle

Highlighted
sirawzd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,009
Message 8 of 9

Hello, I had this same exact problem with my moto g5 plus. I searched everywhere to find a solution. Most websites and forum boards I went to told me to clear cache, restore my phone etc... I found that it wasnt software related at all. Its hardware. The ribben cable on the back of the screen is loose. I found pictures of the replacement screen on Amazon and found that the ribben cable is on the top right of the screen. I decided to press firmly on the top right of the screen to see if i could secure the connect. And bam it worked!!! My screen is back to being normal. This is just a quick fix. I know that i will eventually have to replace the screen. I work with displays (normally a lot bigger displays for concerts and stuff) and we run into this issue alot. The screen gliches out because of the ribben cable is seated bad. Hope this helps someone.

Oatmotor
Paper Tape
Views: 343
Message 9 of 9

Sooooooooo thankful. This is the ONLY helpful "solution" I have seen in my extensive search for help. It is just like you said, a loose connection. I wonder how many phones were needlessly returned, retired or destroyed because of this simple little screwup. Oh well, I pushed the top right area and got immediate response. Problem is still intermittent so will heat up the display, remove and inspect. And THEN destroy with a BFH if necessary.
Top Kudoed Authors