Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,045
Message 1 of 5

Motorola Smartphone line-up 2019

I am a big fan of Motorola smartphones. I own and have purchased G, X, and Z models for myself, friends and family.  I have been generally happy with my experiences so far, but I do have one complaint in that there are currently way too many models in the Moto line. It's also frustrating that some smartphones are only available in specific countries (e.g. Moto Z3 in USA and Motorola One in India), while their "poorer" cousins have limited capabilities (e.g. Moto Z3 Play with 626 processor).  I hope that Lenovo chooses to simplify the Motorola line for 2019 by offering excellent value smartphones for both the mid-range and high-end markets.  Personally, I would love to see a return to the 2015 Moto X Pure design with an eye on build quality (glass and aluminium); some modern-day improvements (QuadHD no-notch OLED, HDR, rear fingerprint); practical features (OIS, 1.4um camera, headphone jack, wireless charging), and; a high end processor (Qualcomm 8xx series). Hopefully there are staff at Motorola/Lenovo who have taken note of the lessons learned during the past 2 years and are making plans to launch some truly innovative models for 2019.  My guess is that it will be a very interesting year for the company.

Highlighted
AbsoluteJoe
Paper Tape
Views: 1,498
Message 2 of 5

Re: Motorola Smartphone line-up 2019

I agree with your comments about an updated 2019 version of the 2015 Moto X Pure, for a reasonable price.
linda65
Punch Card
Views: 718
Message 3 of 5

My biggest complaint now is the lack of NFC in the moderate priced phones planned for 2019.  The Moto G7 Plus may have it but it is not coming to the US.  I do not like the Mod Phones (Moto Z series).  The Razor will be out of most people's price range.  The Moto X4 has everything I want, but is comming up against its useful life.  An upgraded processor (800 series) and Wireless charging would make it the perfect phone, neither are a big issue for me.

linda65
Punch Card
Views: 717
Message 4 of 5

LOL.  I think I just described the X series prior to the X4.  I can only guess the price point it would have to sell for did not fit the market niche they were having to sell in.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 687
Message 5 of 5

@linda65 wrote:

My biggest complaint now is the lack of NFC in the moderate priced phones planned for 2019.  The Moto G7 Plus may have it but it is not coming to the US.  I do not like the Mod Phones (Moto Z series).  The Razor will be out of most people's price range.  The Moto X4 has everything I want, but is comming up against its useful life.  An upgraded processor (800 series) and Wireless charging would make it the perfect phone, neither are a big issue for me.

I was seriously disappointed by the removal of the G7 Plus from US markets. I imagine it's because of the spec similarity to the Moto X4 and Moto Z3 Play (both still available in US).  This speaks to the issues raised in my original post; country exclusions & too many products (!!).   I'm also not a big fan of Motorola/Lenovo's 'love affair' with Qualcomm 6xx chipsets.  IMHO, not having a performance flagship available worldwide cheapens the brand.  The 2019 Mobile World Congress will be happening in a few weeks - it will be interesting to see if Motorola has some new product announcements planned.

Top Kudoed Authors