08-13-2016

US

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 2

New screen, new problem

2016-08-13, 13:44 PM

I dropped my phone and cracked the screen which left the lower half unresponsive so I replaced the screen. The new screen is functional but occasionally it misreads touch inputs. Showing the touch inputs with dev options shows the point moving sporadically when i hold my finger on any part of the screen. Turning the screen off and then back on with the power button temporarily fixes it. What's causing this?? Is it a grounding issue? A driver issue maybe? I know it could just be a bad screen, but unfortunately, this problem did not show when I tested the screen so I removed the film, and now I'm stuck with it. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

US

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: New screen, new problem

2016-08-13, 14:22 PM

Very sorry to say that DIY hardware repairs can't be discussed in this forum.  There are other good forums on the web where these discussions are welcomed.

I don't know what you paid for the screen, and I don't know if you did the repair yourself because you like tinkering or purely for financial reasons, or a combination of both.  If you replaced just the glass, and not the entire screen assembly, that could be the cause of your problem.

I can also say that, if you decide to bite the bullet, Moto won't repair the phone.  They would have replaced the screen for a fee before you opened the case.

Again, very sorry you're having the problem, and I truly wish you good luck in getting it fixed.

Closing thread.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete