Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

1799 Posts

08-22-2010

United States of America

221 Signins

3080 Page Views

  • Posts: 1799
  • Registered: ‎08-22-2010
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 3080
  • Message 21 of 38

Re: Nougat for MXPE in the USA....when?

2017-02-25, 1:41 AM

wrote:

At the end of the day, yes it is about pleasing people.  Updates appease customers' rampant need for everything new, RIGHT NOW!

 

ROMs aren't always stable, and something is always broken.  Been there, done that.

 

 


 I don't post much anymore but read daily.  I am a loooonnnng time Moto/lately Lenovo customer and will probably go with another manufacturer for my next phone.  Maybe Google or Samsung or (God help me) Apple but unless Moto/Lenovo really turns around it will not be for me. I'm tired of hearing all the excuses about unstable ROMs etc. That means that someone, likely Moto/Lenovo is not able to adapt the new Rom to a phone that we were all told was close to pure Android and would be  updated regularly.  That is pure incompetance.  I have signed up for and loyally participated in every soak since my Moto X.  I purchased a Moto X Pure on release and my wife has a Droid Turbo 2.  Both were designated as "flagship" phones but quickly abandoned.  I am very familiar with the history of Motorola from the time of Wiliam Lear and Elmer Wavering through Paul Galvin and the first car radios and on to the first cell phone which I had the opportunity to use during its test phase.  Yes, I am fairly old but love the technology and what Lenovo has done to the Moto brand is truly a disgrace. The Moto Z with the"mods" is pure BS.  The Moto X Pure XT1575 is the best and last decent phone Moto/Lenovo will ever produce and the last I will ever own.  

 

, stop being an apologist for this (to my great sorrow and loss) failed brand.

lewwill

Reply
Options

142 Posts

11-13-2014

India

640 Signins

12555 Page Views

  • Posts: 142
  • Registered: ‎11-13-2014
  • Location: India
  • Views: 12555
  • Message 22 of 38

Re: Nougat for MXPE in the USA....when?

2017-02-25, 3:15 AM

I think it will really have an effect on them if we post these comments on their social media platforms like facebook and twitter and then they may actually take it seriously.

 

Posting complaints or dissatisfaction over their products or services here just won't work.

 

There they can't escape for long without answering.

 

[I think I just spammed here with off topic post from respective thread subject. Sorry.]

 

Goodluck to all and myself too!

A Lenovo abandoned Moto user.

 

 


~AlphaKilo09
Reply
Options

63 Posts

11-15-2011

United States of America

84 Signins

848 Page Views

  • Posts: 63
  • Registered: ‎11-15-2011
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 848
  • Message 23 of 38

Re: Nougat for MXPE in the USA....when?

2017-02-25, 3:37 AM

wrote:

I think it will really have an effect on them if we post these comments on their social media platforms like facebook and twitter and then they may actually take it seriously.

 

Posting complaints or dissatisfaction over their products or services here just won't work.

 

There they can't escape for long without answering.

 

[I think I just spammed here with off topic post from respective thread subject. Sorry.]

 

Goodluck to all and myself too!

A Lenovo abandoned Moto user.

 

 


People have been trying to do this for years now. Things have only gotten steadily worse (though props where they are due, we got two quarterly security updates in a row, so progress?).  Criticism has been so consistent that it is now ignored, or given a canned answer. I can guarantee that the software team is well aware of the deficiency of their update speed compared to a few years ago, but since it doesn't seem to be affecting their sales, it's hard to argue that it matters. Especially since none of their competitors are appreciably better. Heck, Moto is the only one still even attempting to update their mid range models, so while flagships are important, they know where their money is made.

No excuses, of course; the wait is simply inexcusable across Android at this point. Just pointing out that socal media shaming is not a viable strategy.

Reply
Options

5 Posts

03-29-2016

United States of America

8 Signins

66 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎03-29-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 66
  • Message 24 of 38

Re: Nougat for MXPE in the USA....when?

2017-02-25, 3:41 AM

While posting on social media might work, one thing that they will pay attention to is product reviews. Visit Amazon and the other sites selling their products, let potential buyers know what to expect. You should be careful to only post facts. If you need to post an opinion identify it as such.

Reply
Options

142 Posts

11-13-2014

India

640 Signins

12555 Page Views

  • Posts: 142
  • Registered: ‎11-13-2014
  • Location: India
  • Views: 12555
  • Message 25 of 38

Re: Nougat for MXPE in the USA....when?

2017-02-25, 3:56 AM

wrote:

wrote:

I think it will really have an effect on them if we post these comments on their social media platforms like facebook and twitter and then they may actually take it seriously.

 

Posting complaints or dissatisfaction over their products or services here just won't work.

 

There they can't escape for long without answering.

 

[I think I just spammed here with off topic post from respective thread subject. Sorry.]

 

Goodluck to all and myself too!

A Lenovo abandoned Moto user.

 

 


People have been trying to do this for years now. Things have only gotten steadily worse (though props where they are due, we got two quarterly security updates in a row, so progress?).  Criticism has been so consistent that it is now ignored, or given a canned answer. I can guarantee that the software team is well aware of the deficiency of their update speed compared to a few years ago, but since it doesn't seem to be affecting their sales, it's hard to argue that it matters. Especially since none of their competitors are appreciably better. Heck, Moto is the only one still even attempting to update their mid range models, so while flagships are important, they know where their money is made.

No excuses, of course; the wait is simply inexcusable across Android at this point. Just pointing out that socal media shaming is not a viable strategy.



I didn't mean to shame them and I also know there is no use doing it. I just mean't this is not the right place for it.

 

Their support account on twitter or email is the best way for feedback on their services.


~AlphaKilo09
Reply
Options

1270 Posts

11-15-2013

United States of America

440 Signins

4527 Page Views

  • Posts: 1270
  • Registered: ‎11-15-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 4527
  • Message 26 of 38

Re: Nougat for MXPE in the USA....when?

2017-02-26, 5:37 AM

wrote:

wrote:

At the end of the day, yes it is about pleasing people.  Updates appease customers' rampant need for everything new, RIGHT NOW!

 

ROMs aren't always stable, and something is always broken.  Been there, done that.

 

 


 I don't post much anymore but read daily.  I am a loooonnnng time Moto/lately Lenovo customer and will probably go with another manufacturer for my next phone.  Maybe Google or Samsung or (God help me) Apple but unless Moto/Lenovo really turns around it will not be for me. I'm tired of hearing all the excuses about unstable ROMs etc. That means that someone, likely Moto/Lenovo is not able to adapt the new Rom to a phone that we were all told was close to pure Android and would be  updated regularly.  That is pure incompetance.  I have signed up for and loyally participated in every soak since my Moto X.  I purchased a Moto X Pure on release and my wife has a Droid Turbo 2.  Both were designated as "flagship" phones but quickly abandoned.  I am very familiar with the history of Motorola from the time of Wiliam Lear and Elmer Wavering through Paul Galvin and the first car radios and on to the first cell phone which I had the opportunity to use during its test phase.  Yes, I am fairly old but love the technology and what Lenovo has done to the Moto brand is truly a disgrace. The Moto Z with the"mods" is pure BS.  The Moto X Pure XT1575 is the best and last decent phone Moto/Lenovo will ever produce and the last I will ever own.  

 

, stop being an apologist for this (to my great sorrow and loss) failed brand.

lewwill


Actually, I'm moving on from Moto.  I've been critical of them plenty of times, just as I've been critical of Android's broken update system.

 

What I said still stands though: entitlement.  People feel entitled to updates (excluding security updates).  So, if you want guaranteed updates, you know where to go (Apple or Google).  I'm choosing the former and leaving Android behind.

 

BTW, the Droid Turbo 2 received Nougat a couple of days ago.  So, clearly Verizon was tired of not having update priority.

Reply
Options

51 Posts

02-16-2017

United States of America

39 Signins

426 Page Views

  • Posts: 51
  • Registered: ‎02-16-2017
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 426
  • Message 27 of 38

Re: Nougat for MXPE in the USA....when?

2017-02-26, 21:47 PM

wrote:

What I said still stands though: entitlement.  People feel entitled to updates (excluding security updates).  So, if you want guaranteed updates, you know where to go (Apple or Google).  I'm choosing the former and leaving Android behind.


It's not "entitlement" when you PAY FOR IT. Why can't you get that through your head?? If Motorola/Lenovo said "there will be little to no updates when you buy a MXPE", then yeah, you have no one to blame, but last I checked, they didn't sell it with that tag line. Quite the opposite. When a company SELLS you something with features and promises and you PAY for it, then it's not "entitlement" to demand it.

Reply
Options

81 Posts

02-22-2016

United States of America

89 Signins

778 Page Views

  • Posts: 81
  • Registered: ‎02-22-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 778
  • Message 28 of 38

Re: Nougat for MXPE in the USA....when?

2017-02-26, 22:38 PM
spot on again, @deportal

Moto/Leno have all but abandoned MXPE users with regard to how they advertised this product / updates!
Reply
Options

2 Posts

02-27-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎02-27-2017
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 10
  • Message 29 of 38

Re: Nougat for MXPE in the USA....when?

2017-02-27, 13:27 PM

They have announced Q2. So, 8-11 months after Nougat release. Unacceptable Motorola get your act together on the updates or you will lose your customer base. 

Reply
Options

2 Posts

02-27-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎02-27-2017
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 10
  • Message 30 of 38

Re: Nougat for MXPE in the USA....when?

2017-02-27, 13:34 PM

Yes, security update from August delivered in January. 5 month lag for a security update is ridiculous and the reason I bought 2 Motorola devices was to avoid that lag because they promised timely updates.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms