Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

09-28-2016

Bulgaria

13 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 1 of 9

Poor wifi speeds on Moto X Pure

2016-12-01, 17:06 PM

Hi to all Moto/ Lenovo Users.

I have played like two days from now on with my new router and both my phones Iphone6 and Moto X Style Pure (which I can call poor edition for a reason from now on).

So I have tested bandiwthplace.com with several devices: and here are results:

Iphone 6 - down speed 38-40MBPs ( again much older hardware than the Moto X)

Moto X Poor Edition - hardly 20MBps

my daughter's Moto Droid Mini - 38Mbps (come on guys this phone is like 5 years old already)

So? How should I fix that Lenovo? I paid almost the price of the Iphone for this phone? You call this a flagman?

1.I have read disabling wifi optimization would help - but this option is not present in Marshmallow

2. I have reset the network settings, I have forgot and relearn the home wifi I am using

3. I have tried to play with DOZE optimization (but there is no process again in battery optimizations for connectivity)

4. I have tried to enable all CPU cores by 3rd party app - again no luck?

So how do you plan to excuse on that?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Poor wifi speeds on Moto X Pure

2016-12-01, 22:20 PM

wrote:

Hi to all Moto/ Lenovo Users.

I have played like two days from now on with my new router and both my phones Iphone6 and Moto X Style Pure (which I can call poor edition for a reason from now on).

So I have tested bandiwthplace.com with several devices: and here are results:

Iphone 6 - down speed 38-40MBPs ( again much older hardware than the Moto X)

Moto X Poor Edition - hardly 20MBps

my daughter's Moto Droid Mini - 38Mbps (come on guys this phone is like 5 years old already)

So? How should I fix that Lenovo? I paid almost the price of the Iphone for this phone? You call this a flagman?

1.I have read disabling wifi optimization would help - but this option is not present in Marshmallow

2. I have reset the network settings, I have forgot and relearn the home wifi I am using

3. I have tried to play with DOZE optimization (but there is no process again in battery optimizations for connectivity)

4. I have tried to enable all CPU cores by 3rd party app - again no luck?

So how do you plan to excuse on that?

I tested my Pure against my 5x - they both get max internet speed (24 mbps at my house) and had another Moto person test, he is getting 28Mbps on his pure and the same on a non-Pure phone. 

You keep blaming Moto for things - If you have a problem it is with your specific phone, it is not a problem with all X Pure. Your tone is increasingly insulting and accusatory. Not relevant, but If you did pay almost the cost of an iPhone you overpaid. Part of the Moto X Pure's appeal was that it was significantly cheaper then the iPhone. 

Maybe when you replaced the display you damaged something or didn't assemble something correctly. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

285 Posts

12-22-2015

United States of America

608 Signins

6737 Page Views

• Views: 6737
  • Message 3 of 9

2016-12-02, 1:23 AM

Odd, I've always found the Moto X Pure to have excellent WIFi connection and speeds, significantly better than my iPhone 5s... I can easily test 120Mbps using Speedtest.net to the Internet (limit of my internet connection, test the same on hardwired PC connected to a Gig-E switch port), and 700-866Mbps Wireless connection speeds are quite common even on the far side of the house on the 5Ghz network, and yet I cannot get the iPhone to exceed 80Mbps under any conditions or network. 

Oh, and I have done nothing special in the router or phone to "optimize" the connection. Simple Asus RT-AC68U router and stock MXPE.

Options

957 Posts

02-20-2009

United States of America

1101 Signins

6501 Page Views

• Views: 6501
  • Message 4 of 9

2016-12-02, 4:19 AM

I'm running a Moto X Pure 2015. Using fast.com as a speed test, I get 78Mbps. My ISP provides me with about 90Mbps direct wired, so that 78Mbps is pretty reasonable over wifi.

The problem is most likely your router.

First, verify you are at the most current firmware from your router's manufacturer.

Verify your encryption is JUST WPA2, NOT something like WPA/WPA2 (a setting on some routers that allows coexistence of older WPA only devices). If there is a choice between TKIP and AES encryption, make sure it is set to AES.

If the router is dual band, set the SSID to be the same for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks. Let the phone decide what to switch to.

Set the 5Ghz channels to the upper tier channels 149-161.

Make sure WMM settings are enabled.

Try to set channel in the 2.4Ghz freq to something not occupied by other nearby routers or AP's. If you have more than one in your facility, make sure they are separated by at least 5 channels in the 2.4Ghz range (example, 1, 6, 11, or if you only had a router and a single AP, something like 3 and 8...five channel separation)

See how it works. 

Options

9 Posts

09-28-2016

Bulgaria

13 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2016-12-02, 7:10 AM

Thanks for advises. All the settings are correct and up to date. All my other devices reach twice the speeds at equal tests. So i think problem is Mpx itself. Router is Apple airport extreme last gen so it could not be it for sure. Any idea hoe to disable battery saver for wifi ? That is inly reason i am thinking of now....

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 6 of 9

2016-12-02, 12:52 PM

wrote:

Thanks for advises. All the settings are correct and up to date. All my other devices reach twice the speeds at equal tests. So i think problem is Mpx itself. Router is Apple airport extreme last gen so it could not be it for sure. Any idea hoe to disable battery saver for wifi ? That is inly reason i am thinking of now....

I don't know of any option for this.

i think when you changed your screen you could have damaged the antenna. Or there is a compatibility issue between your router and phone, but i haven't seen this from anyone i know with an airport.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

9 Posts

09-28-2016

Bulgaria

13 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2016-12-02, 13:54 PM

I am sure antenna is not the issue. I have experience in repairs... I read that on previous version there was a limit on the downspeed of eifi to save battery... Anyway i will keep searching a solution to the problem.

Options

9 Posts

09-28-2016

Bulgaria

13 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2016-12-02, 20:28 PM

Found the problem. Chrome had activated by default Data Saver option... When i disabled it things went ok with diwnloading speeds. 

Options

53 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

87 Signins

510 Page Views

• Views: 510
  • Message 9 of 9

2016-12-14, 15:15 PM

Well, I was going to say, maybe it's your Apple router that only likes your Apple phone! lol

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms