Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

06-05-2017

United States of America

16 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 1 of 4

Project Fi support for Moto X Pure Edition

2018-04-18, 15:50 PM

I just spoke with Project Fi support about supporting the Moto X Pure Edition (and by extension, MX Style) and they sounded interested once I explained that the MXP supported all U.S. carriers (ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc.).  They are interested in finding out how many MXP owners would be interested in support for their phones over project Fi and would like to hear from as many as possible (please contact them at 1-844-825-5234).  Currently the MXP can be activated on Fi (search the web for instructions) unofficially but it will be stuck on T-Moble for all services and will not switch to Sprint automatically for full support.  They are interested in seeing if the phone can be supported via a software update but wnat to know how many people would actually take advantage.

I also spoke to them about the possibility of supporting the MXP with Android One (Oreo) and told them I would be willing to pay a support fee if they decided to provide OS updates in the future for my phone.  The response from Google was that they may have to work with Lenovo to avoid any possible technical or legal issues but again they showed interest if enough people wanted it.

So, if you are a MXP owner or a Style owner hwo isn't ready to throw away their phone yet and/or are intersted in wsitching to Project Fi, Give them a call at the number listed above and let your voice be heard.

I hope that Lenove will allow this post for the benefit of their customers since they are not willing to upgrade the OS for the MXP past Android 7.0

Thanks and good luck to you all.

Options

142 Posts

11-13-2014

India

640 Signins

12555 Page Views

• Views: 12555
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Project Fi support for Moto X Pure Edition

2018-04-19, 6:05 AM

@ddenby ,

Appreciate for what you did. I'll do my best to explain & convince them.

~AlphaKilo09
Options

11 Posts

06-05-2017

United States of America

16 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-04-26, 13:19 PM
Thanks AlphaKilo09 I hope that enough MXP owners see this and let Google know that it is something that they want.
Options

142 Posts

11-13-2014

India

640 Signins

12555 Page Views

• Views: 12555
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-04-27, 7:39 AM

wrote:
Thanks AlphaKilo09 I hope that enough MXP owners see this and let Google know that it is something that they want.

You are welcome.

~AlphaKilo09
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms