07-08-2016

United States of America

49 Signins

454 Page Views

• Views: 454
  • Message 1 of 7

Silence calls and text mmessages?

2020-01-30, 14:34 PM

Hi! I have a Moto X Pure. Can someone tell me how to silenece calls and text messages from all but 1 contact when going to bed? I need to keep my phone on for a emergency calls from 1 user, but would like to silence all calls and texts from my other contacts until I get up. Thank you!

Options

Re: Silence calls and text mmessages?

2020-01-30, 14:46 PM

wrote:

Hi! I have a Moto X Pure. Can someone tell me how to silenece calls and text messages from all but 1 contact when going to bed? I need to keep my phone on for a emergency calls from 1 user, but would like to silence all calls and texts from my other contacts until I get up. Thank you!

Customize your Do Not Disturb options. Usually you can allow say only,"Starred" numbers through so Star the number and set that option.

HTH :)

Options

35 Posts

07-08-2016

United States of America

49 Signins

454 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2020-01-30, 14:52 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Customize your Do Not Disturb options. Usually you can allow say only,"Starred" numbers through so Star the number and set that option.

Thank you for the reply. Where is this setting? How do I do it? Thank you!

Options

2020-01-30, 14:55 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

As I'm not allowed to post off-site unofficial links for certain things just put moto x edit do not disturb into a search engine and you should find the info :)

Options

35 Posts

07-08-2016

United States of America

49 Signins

454 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2020-01-30, 14:57 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

As I'm not allowed to post off-site unofficial links for certain things just put moto x edit do not disturb into a search engine and you should find the info :)

Thank you very much for the prompt reply, I appreciate it! I will check into it!

Options

35 Posts

07-08-2016

United States of America

49 Signins

454 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2020-01-31, 7:01 AM

So I went into Settings, Sound, Do Not Disturb, Priority Only Allows, and selected "Calls From Starred Contacts Only." I also selected Messages, "From Starred Contacts Only."  I then checked my contacts and made sure that no one was a starred contact. I then had someone from my contacts list call me and despite having no starred contacts, the call came through with sound thus "disturbing" me. I wonder why it didn't work?

Options

2020-01-31, 9:18 AM

wrote:

So I went into Settings, Sound, Do Not Disturb, Priority Only Allows, and selected "Calls From Starred Contacts Only." I also selected Messages, "From Starred Contacts Only."  I then checked my contacts and made sure that no one was a starred contact. I then had someone from my contacts list call me and despite having no starred contacts, the call came through with sound thus "disturbing" me. I wonder why it didn't work?

Perhaps you need to have at least one starred?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms