06-02-2010

United States

16 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 1 of 1

Spontaneous loss of location on MXP Android 6.0

2016-05-30, 15:15 PM

My Moto X Pure (on VZW) seems to spontaneously lose location when the phone is not actively used for a few minutes.

I noticed the problem b/c I use the Trigger app to change my phone settings when I leave my house (and when I return). It's simple stuff like toggling WiFi, Bluetooth, changing volume settings etc. I discovered it was running both triggers (for leaving home and arriving home) seemingly randomly, even while I'm just sitting on my couch in my living room). Same thing happens for my partner. The biggest annoyance was not the inconvenience of toggling some of these features manually, but that I was sitting at home using 4GLTE data when I should've been on Wi-Fi. On rare occasions, I've had trouble getting a GPS lock in apps like Waze or Maps.

Our 2014 Moto X's worked flawlessly with the Trigger app and other location-aware apps.

Based on this thread - the problem is fixed in Marshmallow 6.0.1. For the time being, I've disabled my app for leaving home, and just let the "arriving" trigger run as often as it likes. I'm hoping that's a temporary workaround pending getting 6.0.1 (or later) on our phones.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete