Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Learningcurv
Paper Tape
Views: 855
Message 1 of 6

Support with RZ100 HID

Dear Community,

I'm currently operating a Motorola XT1575. I've successfully paired an RZ100 smartphone controller with it, but am unable to provide inputs of any sort whatsoever with the RZ100. While the RZ100 appears to be functioning normally, there is no response whatsoever to its inputs on the paired XT1575. This includes the volume rocker, the android buttons and the call button on the RZ100.

Any help on the issue is welcome. Thank you.

Lenovo Employee rbkirk
Lenovo Employee
Views: 829
Message 2 of 6

Re: Support with RZ100 HID

I'm unfamiliar with the RZ100. However, if there is a controlling app for it, check its permissions.

Also, for the Bluetooth connection with BT on but not paired, try the following...

Go to Settings > Apps > the three dots upper left > Show System > Bluetooth Share > Storage > Clear Data

Try to connect to the RZ100, see if that makes a difference.

Learningcurv
Paper Tape
Views: 822
Message 3 of 6

Thank you so much Rbkirk. However, the solution doesn't seem to work. I assume this is because both the pairing and the connection of the two devices is successful and yet the input remains unresponsive. It's most perplexing that the smartphone is able to be paired and connected and still refuses to respond to any input on the RZ100.

As the RZ100 is a Motorola smartphone accessory, I was expecting the Moto X Pure to have backward compatibility with it, but it seems I was wrong. I wonder if Motorola provides any firmware that allows the  RZ100 to work on newer phones? Thanks.

Lenovo Employee rbkirk
Lenovo Employee
Views: 812
Message 4 of 6

Well....while Motorola was sold to Lenovo in 2015, at the same time Binatone Global acquired the exclusive licensing rights to design, develop and market certain Motorola accessories. So this may be made by Binatone’s Global Accessories division, and have no connection to Lenovo.

cell46user
What's DOS?
Views: 330
Message 5 of 6

Moto G6 4G/64G version:

My RZ100 would connect any day as a headset; but never in the 'mouse' mode.

I looked in this thread(and others) and didn't find any solution(s) to my problem - however:

Play Store has an App called Bluetooth Auto Connect by UniqTec, that saved my day. 

Connect your RZ100 via the reg. Bluetooth setup.

Open BAC>Devices  - you should see the RZ100, select and check the Profile entries Call Audio (HSP) and Input Device (HID)

Go back to the reg. BT setup and run find device again - you should now have the 2 different RZ100 entries.

All functions(buttons) works in my setup.

Highlighted
DimmosGeeknd
What's DOS?
Views: 43
Message 6 of 6

how about the mouse function. did that work?

@cell46user wrote:

Moto G6 4G/64G version:

My RZ100 would connect any day as a headset; but never in the 'mouse' mode.

I looked in this thread(and others) and didn't find any solution(s) to my problem - however:

Play Store has an App called Bluetooth Auto Connect by UniqTec, that saved my day. 

Connect your RZ100 via the reg. Bluetooth setup.

Open BAC>Devices  - you should see the RZ100, select and check the Profile entries Call Audio (HSP) and Input Device (HID)

Go back to the reg. BT setup and run find device again - you should now have the 2 different RZ100 entries.

All functions(buttons) works in my setup.

Top Kudoed Authors