Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AriaXero
What's DOS?
Views: 69
Message 1 of 2

Unable to detect SD card.

Hi, about a week ago my phone stopped detecting my SD card. Since I had recently migrated all of my pictures and videos to the card this is a problem for me. I did the obvious and removed and reinserted it a couple of time, with no luck. I then tried to put the card in my pc to retrieve the content, but although my pc see the card it can't read it (keeps asking me to format it).  Is there a trick you know of that will restore the SD card in the phone or an emulator I can download to my PC to allow it to read the card?

I have a Moto X Pure.

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
onsted
Token Ring
Views: 25
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to detect SD card.

@AriaXero wrote:

Hi, about a week ago my phone stopped detecting my SD card. Since I had recently migrated all of my pictures and videos to the card this is a problem for me. I did the obvious and removed and reinserted it a couple of time, with no luck. I then tried to put the card in my pc to retrieve the content, but although my pc see the card it can't read it (keeps asking me to format it).  Is there a trick you know of that will restore the SD card in the phone or an emulator I can download to my PC to allow it to read the card?

I have a Moto X Pure.

Thank you in advance.

Hi - sorry, this use-to-user forum is a bit quiet of late, but a few of us still check in!  If you had yours SD card formatted as INTERNAL, you mat be "stuck" - Android is NOT kind to the onboar controllers and there's a bad track record with them going bad when uised that way.  If it's formatted external, I'd try a factory reset, and see if it'll re-find the card that way.  The PC asking you to reformat the card indicates it's encrtypted either by the phone or has been corrupted by internal storage use.  Give a reset a try, and good luck!

Top Kudoed Authors