Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raja76
Paper Tape
Views: 132
Message 1 of 5

Unwanted ads on Moto x4

Just got one Moto x4 & one Moto one power. I updated the X4 to pie and the problem started. When I unlock the phone by fingerprint a screen came up with some ads and " swipe to unlock" mssege. When I press the power button in lock state the same screen appears. After swapping,the lock screen came where I can use the pattern or fingerprint. I have no control on that screen, no modifications or no customisation.

After unlocking when home screen came in 80% case there will be a pop-up ads. This ads are caused by Mopub. I can't find this app in app list so can't do anything with these app. 

Sometimes when the phone is in locked state it plays audios of the ads.

On the other hand I don't upgrade my One Power to Pie. There's no issue like these. 

What the hell is happening with my X4 ? Can any one help ? Thanks in advance..

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 125
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unwanted ads on Moto x4

Download and install,"Malwarebytes" from the Google Playstore and scan the phone,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.malwarebytes.antimalware&hl=en_GB

With luck it will find the culprit.

HTH Smiley Happy

Raja76
Paper Tape
Views: 121
Message 3 of 5

Nothing found in the scan.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 117
Message 4 of 5

I've seen some posts whereby Chrome browser has been infected with Ad-ware/app/program.Go and disable it if you can and see if the ads stop.

To keep you connected whilst you test I use an ad-free browser from the Playstore called,"Via",

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mark.via.gp&hl=en_GB

If you boot to Safemode(Long press on the Shutdown screen/Safemode) and they stop then it's as you suspect an app causing it.You will have to do some detective work to find which one.

Highlighted
Raja76
Paper Tape
Views: 115
Message 5 of 5

Thanks.. will try & let you know.