cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
circe801
Punch Card
Views: 201
Message 1 of 3

nougat 7.0 but boot screen starts out white like 6, then changes to blue; internal storage issue

i smashed my last moto x pe and decided to get another one, pre owned.  this one was only 16GB, but i have my SD card from the old one, so i figured there would be no problem.

when i got it, it was factory wiped.  it still had marshmallow, but i was able to update to 7.

when i boot this phone, unlike the old phone that i updated, the boot screen first shows white, like marshmallow, then changes to blue, like nougat.

i am having an internal storage problem--storage nearly full, but cannot seem to determine exactly what is taking up all of the space. 

between the android system and all the apps i could not change over to the SD card, it does not add up to nearly 16GB.  now i am getting notifications that my storage is nearly full and some system features may not work.

what is up with this?  is it possible there are still some marshmallow files on this phone?

is it possible to roll back and then reinstall nougat?

i am baffled.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 195
Message 2 of 3

Re: nougat 7.0 but boot screen starts out white like 6, then changes to blue; internal storage issue

@circe801 wrote:

i smashed my last moto x pe and decided to get another one, pre owned.  this one was only 16GB, but i have my SD card from the old one, so i figured there would be no problem.

when i got it, it was factory wiped.  it still had marshmallow, but i was able to update to 7.

when i boot this phone, unlike the old phone that i updated, the boot screen first shows white, like marshmallow, then changes to blue, like nougat.

i am having an internal storage problem--storage nearly full, but cannot seem to determine exactly what is taking up all of the space. 

between the android system and all the apps i could not change over to the SD card, it does not add up to nearly 16GB.  now i am getting notifications that my storage is nearly full and some system features may not work.

what is up with this?  is it possible there are still some marshmallow files on this phone?

is it possible to roll back and then reinstall nougat?

i am baffled.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

There's a couple of things you can do.

Look for a folder called LOST.DIR and delete it or all of it's contents.

I would do a Hard Reset/Factory Restore and start fresh.I do this after ANY Android O/S update as I've learnt from experience that it's best to start clean again.

HTH Smiley Happy

circe801
Punch Card
Views: 116
Message 3 of 3

Re: nougat 7.0 but boot screen starts out white like 6, then changes to blue; internal storage issue

thanks for the reply and sorry for the slow response.

as far as i've read, the lost.dir file is a repository for corrupted data related to the SD card.  since the phone was factory wiped when i received it, how would this relate to my issue?

Top Kudoed Authors