Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhoneHome9999
What's DOS?
Views: 1,833
Message 1 of 20

9.0 pie Update broke moto x4 usb transfer

Is motorola developing an update to fix USB transfer issue after update?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,824
Message 2 of 20

Re: 9.0 pie Update broke moto x4 usb transfer

Are you sure you're using a data transfer cable?  Not every USB cable is capable of data transfer; some can only charge.

edscott
Paper Tape
Views: 1,652
Message 3 of 20

I'm also reporting that the android 9 update broke USB data transfer on my moto x4. The cable I use is the same one I used with android 8 data transfer with no problems.

I really hope you can get this fixed or provide a solution.

Thank you

TokyoTom
Paper Tape
Views: 1,518
Message 4 of 20

I have tried every solution listed in other threads about USB not working with previous updates- and now with 9.0 I still can't transfer files to/from my phone and PC even though I have tried three different USB cables. Why is this process so difficult or is Motorola forcing users to utiize the cloud to transfer pics and songs between devices? Please give/develop a SIMPLE solution, I have nearly 500 pictures sitting on my mobile that I cannot transfer

edscott
Paper Tape
Views: 1,457
Message 5 of 20

I confirm that the security update PPWS29.69-26-4 has solved the issue.

USB transfer now works.

Thumbs up!

TokyoTom
Paper Tape
Views: 1,452
Message 6 of 20

Did you have to download the security patch or did Moto push it down automatically? My last update is PPWS29.69-26. I will attempt to see if USB transfer now works later today.

edscott
Paper Tape
Views: 1,443
Message 7 of 20

The update notification was pushed this morning, I just proceeded to download and apply

SatishB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,388
Message 8 of 20

Upgraded security patch PPWS29.69-26-4 today morning on my X4 Android 9 and USB Preference is disabled.

Enabled Developer Mode and set USB Preference to File transfer Option Still no luck...

Not sure what Motorola is doing with the Software updates now a days, Moto G5S upgraded to Oreo and we lost Touch Screen and operates only with Mouse and now X4 after security patch upgrade lost the USB connectivity

TokyoTom
Paper Tape
Views: 1,367
Message 9 of 20

Sorry but I do not understand why this is so difficult. I have degrees from two Ivy League colleges, run a $3,000,000 business, and feel for my age I am fairly tech savvy.

How do I access the update that was apparantly pushed out last week? Even then, responses are 50/50 that the upgrade still does not resolve the USB issue.

Where are the moderators at Lenovo/Moto who can provide some updates or at least acknowledge this issue? Why do users have to know about/use "Developer options"to utilize a basic function of smartphones- the ability to quickly transfer pictures to a PC and ability to quickly download music from a PC? Why is it that the few moderator responses I have seen on similar issue threads (and there are several relating to USB functionality) either assume the issue is either user error, with the USB cable or the user's PC, or take posters to task for SCREAMING THEIR FRUSTRATION OUT BECAUSE A SIMPLE ISSUE CAN'T GET RESOLVED?

Why do I feel like a sap for being brand loyal to Motorola (my previous mobile phones were all Motorola products)? I can guarantee that, with this current experience, I will be hesitant to ever purchase another product from Motorola or Lenovo and will certainly share my concerns if ever asked about either manufacturer.

Up to you Moto: you can have a satisfied advocate or a disgruntled ex-customer.

edscott
Paper Tape
Views: 1,352
Message 10 of 20

If you have already tried going to system->advanced->system updates and when the pnone checks for updates yo do not get the -4 update, it might mean that for some reason the update has not been released in your country. This may be due to other unsolved issues which are particular to your area or perhaps some government regulations. Remember that lenovo is from mainland China and there is an ongoing dispute with the US.
Top Kudoed Authors