Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

07-23-2015

United States of America

11 Signins

211 Page Views

• Views: 211
  • Message 1 of 2

A lot of buggies

2018-08-02, 18:19 PM

I want to begin with: I miss my #1stGenMotoG. If her battery didn't zonk I'd be a happy camper right now. I bought her on 10/13/14 fr Frys in the Bay. She don't even have a crack or scratch on her beautiful screen & at only 8GB, she still rocked my games! 

But she died. And I bought the x4 on PrimeDay fr Amazon.  And here is my list of issues & problems:

1) When typing, w my GBoard, after a few letters the board drops into either the symbols or completely fr the screen.

2) while holding her to game, she slips! The case is so **bleep** slippery.

3) GBoard won't correct my spelling anymore.... Typing this is a chore.

4) the battery!! The battery!! OMG!! It dies soooo fast. .. my G blows this phone away! 

5) did I mention it's hard to type cuz words keep getting flipped?

6) the apps. The app section in settings. Why is it A CHORE TO NAVIGATE IT! !? ??

7) The settings. There is NO help at all in any of the sections of this phone.

8) when placing calls, a robotic voice says something like this: "your minutes remaining for this call is UNLIMITED, location 25262883(a random series of numbers).

There is more. I'm too frustrated & disappointed to list more ATM. I tried giving this phone a few days, it might surprise me. But no. It isn't happening. Please help. I love Moto. I have my G. Fix that for me. Plz help. 

Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: A lot of buggies

2018-08-02, 18:48 PM

Hi NatalieRose,

I understand that you have some challenges with the device. We are ready to help here.

1. Try wiping the keyboard app cache and data. Go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > App info > Gboard > Storage > Clear cache and data.

2. Your particular usage will affect how long you can go before recharging your battery. Navigating, playing games, surfing the Web, making calls and texting all use energy. You can install and use a wide variety of applications on your device, and each application has its own characteristics. You can visit this link for some tips to extend the battery life of your phone: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/123497/p/30,6720,10317

3. The Settings app vary per Android version. I know there are some changes to Android Oreo (your phone's current Android version) from the earlier version of your Moto G First Gen. The Android Oreo settings are pretty much standard in all manufacturers with only a few differences.

4. It would be best to reach out to your service provider for the last concern you raised regarding the voice message when you are making phone calls.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms