Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJMorgan
Paper Tape
Views: 126
Message 1 of 6

Alarm can suddenly no longer see music files

Until about a week ago, I had selected music on my phone as the Alarm sound.

The dulcet tones of Bono singing, "All I want is You" disappeared into somewhat disappointing Neon tone.

Now when I open my alarm, click on Alarm Sound, it cannot seem to see any of my music files any longer. When I click on SD card, it shows the Empty File "No items". When I click on the Music folder, No Items again.

What happened? Why the change? No, I do not want to subscribe to the new subscription options of YouTube, Spotify, etc.

Why change a basic feature? (FYI I switched to you from iPhone because of music management issues. This makes me very unhappy.)

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 121
Message 2 of 6

Re: Alarm can suddenly no longer see music files

Is your SD card formatted as Internal Memory or External SD card?

JJMorgan
Paper Tape
Views: 101
Message 3 of 6

On the Storage page, it is listed as Portable Storage. Does that help? Was a change made to disconnect the Alarm function from SD card storage for some oddball reason?

Is there a fix?

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 85
Message 4 of 6

Yeh that's great.

Try this.

Press the power button.When the shutdown option appears long press on it.You should get the option to restart in Safemode.Take this and look for the files.

Two things about Safmode.

1:As it doesn't load 3rd party apps it can show that it's a rouge app causing the problem.

2:It can flush some temp data that might have got corrupted so when you boot back to Normal mode things start working as they should.

If no good please post back Smiley Happy

JJMorgan
Paper Tape
Views: 48
Message 5 of 6

Alas, even in safemode the main Alarm cannot see my music files. I have not loaded any new Applications in the last month in any case.

This is rather why I suspected it was a Feature of one of the recent updates, rather than a bug.

Assumption (Based on working in IT Security for product mgmt): Someone in marketing thought it might be a good way to force subscriptions to one of the 3 music app services?

Final question to the larger group - can anyone recommend a good Alarm app that has a simple interface and lets you pick what song you want to wake up to?

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 46
Message 6 of 6

I use Alarm Clock Extreme from the Google Playstore.It's made by AVG.So good I paid for the ad free version Smiley Happy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alarmclock.xtreme.free&hl=en_GB

Top Kudoed Authors