Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marqus123
Paper Tape
Views: 2,711
Message 1 of 6

Allow Led notification on Moto x4

You should allow give permission to use led notification coz it will save battery Moto display takes lot of battery like average 2 percent idle that's why gsmareana gave only 60 hours of battery life while other phones with same battery capacity get 85 hours kindly allow seyting in Moto display to on led and stop moto display also allow setting brightness in moto display so that minimum brightness can be set to save battery

Marqus123
Paper Tape
Views: 2,625
Message 2 of 6

Re: Allow Led notification on Moto x4

Any one any moderator and Lenovo companion

qcmikey
Paper Tape
Views: 354
Message 3 of 6

Ok, so does anyone have an answer? I'm going to Project-fi and would like to get the Moto X4, but if it doesnt have a notification light , I might not. 

I currently have the e4. I really like the phone, but the lack of a notification light is a real problem. the JUNK 1 second display doesn't cut it, and the third party LED display eats up a ton of battery. If not for the LED Blinker lite app, I would have not received timely notifications on hundreds if not thousands of calls/texts. If this isnt fixed I will not get the X4, and probably wont buy the laptop I was looking at either....in other words..fix it or lose over a thousand dollars in purchases. 

Mike

Highlighted
JamieMac
Paper Tape
Views: 183
Message 4 of 6

There really is no answer to this question. Motorola/Lenovo made a horrible design decision for the X4 and chose not to do what most phones do: have a small, continuous LED which you can set to turn on when you have a notification. It's a great approach to being able to know you have a notification at a glance. But it is a feature that the X4 just doesn't have.

If you have an X4, your only option if you want any visual indicator that you have a notification is Moto Display. And that is just worthless unless you are looking at your phone at just the right time--there is no way to know for sure if you have a notification just by glancing at your phone. You may need to stare at your phone for a few minutes before it goes on. In other words, the only practical way to check if you have any notifications is to turn your phone on whenever you want to check.

For those of us who already have an X4, we're just SOL. If you are in the market for a phone and a visual indicator of notifications is important to you, the X4 is not the right phone for you.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 122
Message 5 of 6

Hi guys,

We appreciate your feedback. While the Moto X4 does not have LED notification lights, it has the Moto Display. We'll pass your feedback along to our product team.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

JamieMac
Paper Tape
Views: 119
Message 6 of 6

I understand that the X4 has Moto Display. You could just as easily have said the X4 has a camera. Yes it does, but it does not provide the functionality at issue, which makes it irrelevant to this discussion. What is needed is a visual indicator that allows me to tell--at a glance--that I have a notification. I want to look into the room at my phone while it's charging or pull my phone out of my pocket and know whether I have a notification. If I have to stare at my phone for a few minutes and wait to see whether or not Moto Display is going to come up, it's not a useable feature. If I stare at it for what seems like two minutes and it hasn't activated, do I know that I have no notifications? I do not--I might just need to stare a while longer. So how much time should I waste before I know for sure that I don't have a notification? For phone designers with any concern for the user experience, the answer is none. Unfortunately the designers of the X4 did not fall in that category.

I do appreciate you passing the feedback on to the product team. It won't make a difference for the X4, but hopefully future Moto phones will have this simple and essential functionality.

Top Kudoed Authors