Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoHoelX
Paper Tape
Views: 159
Message 1 of 3

Amazon Alexa app no longer working

Don't know when since I don't use the app very often, but today I had a need and could not get the app to open. Rebooted the phone, updated the app, cleared cache, uninstalled the updates (it's a built-in app since my phone is the Amazon variant). The app just gets to a blank screen and on the stock version, a spinning circle. I went ahead and re-did the updates, and when I try to start it, it goes to a blank white screen with a rotating circle....

How to fix?

Edit: After about 10 minutes or more (not really watching) it gives an error that 'no network available' even though Wi-Fi and Cellular data are both working, and I can use other apps on the phone to access the internet as well as other devices on the local network, so not thinking it's a real error....

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 98
Message 2 of 3

Re: Amazon Alexa app no longer working

Hi MoHoelX,

Thanks for the post. This is odd. I'd like to confirm, did you also clear the data of the app? Since it's a built-in app, let's try testing the app in safe mode. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

MoHoelX
Paper Tape
Views: 18
Message 3 of 3

Re: Amazon Alexa app no longer working

So ... got it working. My phone is a moto X4 Amaazon variant, so some of the Amazon software cannot be "uninstalled", only reset.

But here is the odd thing - I noticed that nothing Amazon-related was working, so I tried to log into my Amazon account from Settings / Accounts. But even that would not work - until I disabled WiFi and logged in via Mobile Data. After that, the Alexa app also started working.

Once logged in, I could restart WiFi and it contined to work.

Until the next day - when I first opened the Alexa app, it was again unable to do anything, until I disabled WiFi and got "connected". Then WiFi back on, and it continues to work.

Vey odd.....

Top Kudoed Authors