Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timberline5
Paper Tape
Views: 169
Message 1 of 3

Amazon apps won't load when connected to wifi

So, as the subject describes, I am unable to run any Amazon apps on my x4 when connected to wifi.

If I switch to cell network they do load.

Other devices connected to the same network do not have the same problem. My old Nexus 5x has no issues, as well as my wife's pixel 2.

I do run a openwrt router, but switched back to my isp provided vanilla router to check if it was a network issue. The issue persists.

I've done the usual clear app caches, reinstall. I have not done a factory reset since that is quite time consuming.

Another interesting point, I can access amazon.com in the chrome browser, but not in firefox browser.

I've seen other posts like these in the forums but no real information.

My phone is a google fi model, and the problem started in october. I started using the phone in september.

Any way to fix this issue?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 142
Message 2 of 3

Re: Amazon apps won't load when connected to wifi

Hi timberline5,

Quite odd. Do you have the same issue on these apps when you try to connect to other wifi networks? Can you give sample affected Amazon apps?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

ChadRei
Paper Tape
Views: 42
Message 3 of 3

Re: Amazon apps won't load when connected to wifi

I am having the same issue. 

I am running a brand new, Moto X4, unlocked. All other apps work except the two amazon apps that I use: Amazon Shopping and Amazon Music. Both apps begin to open, but then freeze. The Amazon Music app ocassionally posts a "Webpage not available" error.

If I use them on LTE cell, no prob. On wifi, this always happens.

I'm running a Netgear Orbi mesh wifi at home. None of my other devices experience this issue.

Top Kudoed Authors