Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
knopper100
Token Ring
Views: 219
Message 1 of 8

Android Auto - No Lock Screen

The Android Auto lock screen does not permanently display. It pops up then goes away. This does not happen on other phones. 

Screen capture: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bYj9jUSQpcP46Niy6

You can see that I have to manually open Android Auto to see the lock screen.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 167
Message 2 of 8

Re: Android Auto - No Lock Screen

Hi knopper100,

Thanks for posting. Can you please confirm if the car is connected to the android auto screen on and if the phone is successfully connected? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

knopper100
Token Ring
Views: 159
Message 3 of 8

hi,

not sure what "if the car is connected to the android auto screen on" but the phone is connected to my car and Android Auto works on my car's stereo. The issue is my phone screen doesn't lock anymore once I plug it in. Other phones do. I have tried different USB cables. I have attached a photo of the lock screen that is expected when plugging in.

boarbrush
Punch Card
Views: 153
Message 4 of 8

Android auto does not work properly on moto x4 since pie update. It either doesn't connect or it simply connects/disconnects. It's been mentioned on this forum a hundred times. Moto agents are still ignoring it. My suggestion to you is to bin your moto x4 and move on to another brand. 

knopper100
Token Ring
Views: 140
Message 5 of 8

This is different than the issue I'm having with the lock screen. I've heard other X4s get the lock screen though so maybe it's just time for a replacement.

knopper100
Token Ring
Views: 120
Message 6 of 8

I should mention this also did not show on a pixel 3a. I think there is a compatibility issue between my car and the latest AA app versions.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 93
Message 7 of 8

Hi knopper100,

I would still like to further assist you with this. Can you please check and verify, when you press the power key button and unlock it, what do you see on the screen? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

knopper100
Token Ring
Views: 90
Message 8 of 8

When I lock the screen and unlock it, I see the Android auto lock screen which is good. However, it should come up when I first plug in the phone with the screen on.

So the workaround is to lock then unlock the screen. But how come it won't come up when the screen is on? Could be an issue with the app and my head unit communicating. I have heard other X4 users say there's comes up with their cars.

Top Kudoed Authors