Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,825
Message 11 of 112

Re: Android Auto random disconnects 8.1.0 OPW28.2

Thank you for sharing a bug report xandey. Would you be able to get us one more right after the disconnect happens?

For others who might also experience the same concern, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state so we can compare them. Please refer to my post here for the steps in getting a bug report.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Delvin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,798
Message 12 of 112

I'm experiencing the same issue and have forward the Bug Report to Agent_JM via private message. 2018 Ford F-150 with Sync 3 and updated to 8.1.0 OPW28.2. I'm quite bummed about this as I recently replaced my broken Nexus 5x and was really hopeful for a proper working phone. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,791
Message 13 of 112

@Delvin wrote:

I'm experiencing the same issue and have forward the Bug Report to Agent_JM via private message. 2018 Ford F-150 with Sync 3 and updated to 8.1.0 OPW28.2. I'm quite bummed about this as I recently replaced my broken Nexus 5x and was really hopeful for a proper working phone. 

Thank you Delvin. I have forwarded the bug report to our product team so our engineers can take a look at it. I will post back once I get more feedback from them.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 3,789
Message 14 of 112

I sent two more bug reports via PM to Agent_JM. I captured these after the connect/disconnect had settled down a bit. The issue happened a few minutes before the report was captured (capture time is in filename).

Delvin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,765
Message 15 of 112

I drove home this afternoon from work and Android Auto stayed connected the entire time (approximately 35 minutes). Two things that were different from my ride in this morning where AA disconnected prematurely; First was that Android Auto launched on my phone when plugged in but only partially launched in Sync (icon appeared but didn't launch to AA screen). Sync had a message window open notifying me of updates available via WiFi presumably blocking an automated launch of Android Auto.  At this point Android Auto on my phone had a message stating to manually select the vehicle's Android Auto instead of the normal automated process. The second thing was that I was using the app Scribd to listen to a book on my way home. Both of these make me wonder if somehow the automated process of Android Auto isn't establishing a Keep Alive of sorts unless a manual process is engaged? Anyway, sending a 'good' Debug Log to Agent_JM for reference.

Delvin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,695
Message 16 of 112

Update; 3 more logs sent to Agent_JM. Scribd does not appear to keep the USB connection alive. The only thing that has seemed to keep the connection alive is when I have to manually select Android Auto from the Sync screen due to a pop-up blocking the initial connection.

Highlighted
xandey
Punch Card
Views: 3,684
Message 17 of 112

You are able to get AA to work reliably when you do this "manually select Android Auto from the Sync screen?"

Delvin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,682
Message 18 of 112

Not exactly. It seems that Ford's Sync system randomly reminds me to connect to WiFi preventing the auto Android Auto connectivity from happening. I will see if I can reproduce it consistently and get back to you. 

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 3,676
Message 19 of 112

Ah. I think it's more likely that the Moto X4 is screwing up the connection and the car is performing it's routine for disconnect very quickly. I see a flurry of messages on my VW culminating in USB device not supported.

Delvin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,663
Message 20 of 112

I went into the Ford Sync system and found my phone. I looked under the settings and disabled 'Show on Connection'. After plugging in, the Android Auto icon popped up on the Sync system but I had to select it before it launched. I was able to drive all the way home with no disconnects. Do you see anything like that on your VW infotainment system?
Top Kudoed Authors