Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D_R_R
Paper Tape
Views: 1,037
Message 91 of 128

Re: Android Auto random disconnects 8.1.0 OPW28.2

I really don't expect to see them push it through before the end of the year, but one can hope. I'll wait for the next monthly just in case they surprise us with something and then give custom a shot. 

snowbeer
Paper Tape
Views: 923
Message 92 of 128

I don't know if it was the recent security update or cleaning of the port with compressed air -- but mine now works 99% of the time on the first try and doesn't disconnect.

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 905
Message 93 of 128

I've been working with the rampow cable for weeks now. No more disconnects as long as I wait for the phone to be on and the car to be on before I connect them.

I'm marking the thread solved since there doesn't seem to be any more activity and maybe people can find the "moto also make crap cables" answer easier.

good luck guys.

abatishchev
Fanfold Paper
Views: 899
Message 94 of 128

Why on earth "buy a "better" cable" was marked as a solution??

I'm not going to buy anything on top of what I already have: the standard cable and the best in class cable by Anker.

The only solution is a software patch. Or another cable sent to me by Motorola/Lenovo, if that's the case. Anything else is BS!

kralcd
SCSI Port
Views: 792
Message 95 of 128

To: Elizasr59

Ref your post (Below)

My suggestion for you is that if you want a working Android Auto and your X4 is still within the RETURN window then dump ths phone and get one that WORKS Properly wth Android Auto ..... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elizasr59

My x4 only stays connected to my android auto for about 5 min before telling me to check my phone connection. My z2 play works on the same radio without a problem. I bought the x4 on the moto website 6 weeks ago and it already had 8.1.0 installed. I am currently on Aug security update.

diobando
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 524
Message 96 of 128

I bought the Rampow cable and had several disconnects on the first day. So that was not the solution. The phone is only a week old.

Krozar
SCSI Port
Views: 512
Message 97 of 128

@diobando wrote:

I bought the Rampow cable and had several disconnects on the first day. So that was not the solution. The phone is only a week old.

Return it first thing tomorrow. That's my best advice to you.

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 486
Message 98 of 128

@diobando wrote:

I agree with Krozar, return the phone and get something else if Android Auto is important to you.

I have since had google fi replace the phone with a refurb unit, and that didnt help. I tried hubs too. I think moto just did a crap job on the usb circuit or something. I kinda can't wait till my next phone to be rid of this mess.

abatishchev
Fanfold Paper
Views: 468
Message 99 of 128

I kinda can't wait till my next phone to be rid of this mess.

Same for me. My first and last phone by either Motorola or Lenovo. Sh~ happens. But this sh~ was neither acknowledged nor fixed. For 6 months now. Screw them all. And screw Google Fi too for selling this crap like nothing happens and ignoring all the complaints.

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 462
Message 100 of 128

@abatishchev wrote:

Same for me. My first and last phone by either Motorola or Lenovo. Sh~ happens. But this sh~ was neither acknowledged nor fixed. For 6 months now. Screw them all. And screw Google Fi too for selling this crap like nothing happens and ignoring all the complaints.

Yeah, the experience with fi support was surprising to me. I had to explain to the tech what "Android Auto" was. He was just trying to figure out which box to tick in his application for the RMA reason. But there doesn't seem to be any actual support avilable as far as I can tell. This is a feature which seems to straddle enough companies that noone really owns the problem.

Oh, I also posted on the Z Play forum. It sounds like they're having the same problem. Caveat emptor: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Play/Android-Auto-Connection-Problems/m-p/4291165#M10011

Top Kudoed Authors