Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renas_o
Paper Tape
Views: 688
Message 111 of 124

Re: Android Auto random disconnects 8.1.0 OPW28.2

So I came to check on this and looks like things are still not working for anyone?

I'm having the same problem with a Moto Z3 - OPWS28.70-47-8 - on a Android 8.1.0 andI was thinking about buying a new cable. Since I live in Brazil, shiping a specific cable won't be so easy so I wanted to check here if this is really the best option or should we move to the class action thing?  

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 680
Message 112 of 124

@renas_o Yup. I haven't had any news here or on the Z4 forum other than use a better cable.

Since I originally recommended the RAMPOW cable. I found a deal on an Anker 1m cable which is working better currently than the rampow. I think a combination of teh 1m instead of 2m and fresh springs on the contacts seems to help.

Too bad moto didn't make better hardware and none of us would have to deal with this.

Anker cables I just bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCHF835/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/2-pack-3ft-premium-double-braided-nylon-usb-c-to-usb-a-cable/...

MikeHayes43
Fanfold Paper
Views: 193
Message 113 of 124

So this thread was started in June of 2018, we are one month away from June of 2019 and still no fix for this.  I have owned Moto's since my first cell phone many, Many years ago and I can tell you that without a doubt if this isn't fixed before I get my next phone I will never purchase another.  How can this STILL be a problem?

Krozar
SCSI Port
Views: 187
Message 114 of 124

I ditched my X4 last summer for a Pixel 2 XL, and have not had a single issue with Android Auto.  100% purely a Lenovo Dev issue, that they won't fess up to.

I stayed active in the thread because my wife still had her X4, but she just replaced it last week with Pixel 2.  We're done with Moto/Lenovo phones unless and until I start hearing validated reports that Lenovo has changed their plan.  I will be highly skeptical of any such claims for quite some time, so it's not likely that I will consider or recommend their devices for the next 5-10 years.  Ouch, that's gotta sting, right Lenovo?  Or should I say Leno-no!

At any rate, I'm unsubscribing from this and all other X4 threads I've been active in for the last year, as I no longer have any vested interest in it.

Good luck to you all.

Leno-no... go die in a fire, somewhere (not the people, just the company)!

abatishchev
Fanfold Paper
Views: 144
Message 115 of 124

I don't understand why this still is not really acknowledged but marked as resolved in the sane time.

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 141
Message 116 of 124

@abatishchev wrote:

I don't understand why this still is not really acknowledged but marked as resolved in the sane time.

I marked the thread as resolved because I felt that buying gold plated cables seems to help some people (including me). If you feel there is more to learn as a community go ahead and start a new thread.

Moto/Levnovo engineering isn't gonna say anything unless they have a fix. It's probably some hardware flaw they don't plan to fix. What do you want for $150 right?

snic09
Punch Card
Views: 113
Message 117 of 124

@xandey What do you want for $150 right?

I bought my phone last year for considerably more than $150. The amount we spent isn't the issue. It's Lenovo's complete unwillingness to provide two simple solutions:

1. Allow the user to roll back updates in case they break the phone.

2. Allow users to stop the CONSTANT nagging pop-up reminders to update, so one can enjoy an earlier version without a widely reported bug 

And of course....

3. Test updates thoroughly for bugs before release.

4. Fix bugs quickly, as in sooner than 2+ update cycles.

These are the reasons I'm going to avoid Moto phones like the plague from now on. Even though every single mobile phone I've *ever* owned (yes, since 2002) has been a Motorola.

abatishchev
Fanfold Paper
Views: 97
Message 118 of 124

I think one thread at a time is good enough. It's trending and people have subscribed to it.

Lenovo apparently has attempted to address the issue but only was able to ease it. I didn't buy a new cable but I see 90% less disconnects. Which still happen, and often in same places, likely due to spikes in power related to network or cell tower switch.

So again I don't see why to mark this thread as "resolved". I'd keep it open as a reminder to Lenovo: GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER.

P.S.

Motorola: never again aka my biggest mistake on the smartphone market in a decade.

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 83
Message 119 of 124

I don't think I can unmark it as resolved.

MikeHayes43
Fanfold Paper
Views: 36
Message 120 of 124

I purchased the cable you suggested and my Moto X4 still crashes after a few minutes and is still unusable. I have uninstalled AA, reinstalled, factory reset and prayed to every god that ever existed. Still nothing and I'm starting to doubt that I will ever purchase another Motorola product. I bought 3 of these phones in the Amazon Prime config and all 3 do not work.  

Edit:

This issue is a LONG way from being "Resolved"

Top Kudoed Authors