Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delvin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 902
Message 21 of 112

Re: Android Auto random disconnects 8.1.0 OPW28.2

Scratch that....It worked last night but didn't work this morning. I grabbed yet another Debug Log. This is insane...how is it that this issue has persisted for months now with no real fix?
Delvin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 860
Message 22 of 112

Has anyone heard anything from the Moto team? It seems they have gone silent...
xandey
Punch Card
Views: 855
Message 23 of 112

@Delvin wrote:
Has anyone heard anything from the Moto team? It seems they have gone silent...

Agent_JM has forwarded our bug reports to them. He has asked me for more information. I think we have confirmation that they are working on it because of that.

I plan to follow up in a week or so, but these problems take time to diagnose/fix/release so we need a bit of patience.

I went through the same problem with my Nexus 5X. When I upgraded to 8.0 it made AA unreliable, I tried all sorts of work arounds and listened to tons of flame-riddled forum posts. Eventually google fixed it around 8.1, so I was hopeful that the 8.1 from Moto would fix this, but no luck. I'm sure they'll get it eventually and we'll all get AA back in our cars.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 824
Message 24 of 112

Hi guys. I have forwarded all the bug reports that you shared with me to our product team. In the meantime, we are actually trying to duplicate this concern but we are unlucky. You may have already shared this but can you tell me the specific Make/Model/Vehicle or Car Kit equipment that's experiencing the Issue?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Delvin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 821
Message 25 of 112

You guys should come visit me. I managed to get about 6 disconnects in under one hour in the Mustang today. Smiley Very Happy

2018 Ford F-150 with Ford's Sync System

2019 Ford Mustang with Ford's Sync System

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 816
Message 26 of 112

@Agent_JM wrote:

You may have already shared this but can you tell me the specific Make/Model/Vehicle or Car Kit equipment that's experiencing the Issue?

I'm running a 2016 VW GTI. Let me know if the radio fw version would help. But it was current about a year ago I think.

snowbeer
Paper Tape
Views: 748
Message 27 of 112

Same issue here since a few days after the 8.1.0 OPW28.2 update. It connects sometimes, but only for a few seconds, then disconnects, etc.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.  Unusable.  Same thing happens when plugged into a computer. It worked fine prior to 8.1 initial upgrade, and then only once after the "fix".

My significant other has the same phone on the same version and hers works fine however.  I also tried a factory reset with no luck.  I think some of us have a hardware issue coupled with the recent update causing an issue.

Vehicle is a 2018 VW Golf R with a manual transmission (just throwing that in for fun).

Bug report sent to Agent_JM.

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 718
Message 28 of 112

Hey @snowbeer,

For me I had the problem on 8.0.1 I think it was. Right before the first 8.1.0 upgrade which broke USB. I tried a bunch of things then including turning off all the moto actions features. Have you tried disabling moto display? The feature seems activated by things like bumps. I tried that before all the updates and it didn't work for me then. I can try again.

I'm surprised your fenace's phone doesn't display the issue. I have been able to get my phone to work nearly an hour before it disconnects. Perhaps you haven't tried long enough with her phone.

2016 VW GTI (also manual!)

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 716
Message 29 of 112

@Agent_JM wrote:

Hi guys. I have forwarded all the bug reports that you shared with me to our product team. In the meantime, we are actually trying to duplicate this concern but we are unlucky. You may have already shared this but can you tell me the specific Make/Model/Vehicle or Car Kit equipment that's experiencing the Issue?

I'm pretty handy with software, and have a small knowledge of adb if there is any other testing I can do for your Eng team. Please don't hesitate to ask.

snowbeer
Paper Tape
Views: 658
Message 30 of 112

Nice idea on an interaction with Moto actions causing the issue, but I tried it with no luck.

Top Kudoed Authors