Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diobando
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,479
Message 1 of 118

Android Auto worst after Pie Update - Disconnects right after connected

After the know issues with Android Auto randomly disconnecting in Oreo, the Pie update made it worst and now the connection is less reliable or consistent. It tries to connect and load but disconnects right after. I have tried several cables (original, Aukey, Rampow, etc) and the issue persists. I have also wiped the cache, reinstalled the apps associated with Android Auto, but no luck. The phone and cables are less than a month old.

I know it is not a problem with my car because Android Auto still works with my Nexus 5, Nexus 6P and my wife's Moto G4+

Can Motorola find a solution for this already. Users in the Moto Z forums and Reddit have reported the same issues since Oreo.

Thank you

Lesmoore15
Paper Tape
Views: 3,455
Message 2 of 118

Re: Android Auto worst after Pie Update - Disconnects right after connected

I am having the exact same issue. It connects and immediately disconnects. Not usable at all.

kralcd
SCSI Port
Views: 3,445
Message 3 of 118

I have been using android auto for more than 1 year with my Google  Fi X4 Android One successfully ,,, UNTIL PIE UPDATE, Now many disconnects ... Moto does not seem capable of getting AA straightened out ... the AA issues have been reported for the past year and now are spreading to previously working units. Why would anyone buy / recommend Moto in the future??

Highlighted
Caderade
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,373
Message 4 of 118

Same issue here!!!

I just bought my first car which is Android auto capable.

Was very excited about the pie update.

Now my phone just disconnects and will not work.

This just sucks.  Can we expect a fix soon?

Ecurb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,274
Message 5 of 118

I've two Moto X4s with Android 9/Pie.  They both work fine on my 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited Android Auto. 

However on my Sony XAV-AX5000 (aftermarket install in a 2000 Honda CRV, AA version 1.01 their latest) they both fail to either make a connection (USB device not supported) or I get the Android Auto display on the Sony and then the Sony touch screen locks up (can't activate map or music or anything).  It often fails and then a moment later reattaches and tries again. 

However, my Pixel 3 with Android 9/Pie and my Moto G5 Plus on Android 8.1.0 works fine with the Sony XAV-AX5000 and with my Subaru.

So it appears to be the interaction of the X4s on Android 9 with the Sony version of AA.  

vicnam
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 3,266
Message 6 of 118

I had issues with the moto x4 android one since the oreo update several months ago. The marked solution from another tread  " Moto X4 Android Auto random disconnects" was to buy a third-party Rampow usb c cable. It didn't work for me. I gave up using the X4 and bought a pixel 3 and my issues with disconnects ended. Android  Auto  is a very important function on a phone for me. I was buying Motorola phones even when the sofware updates were slow but the  X4 got me gun shy from  buying another Motorola  phone to use with  Android Auto.

HotTongan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,246
Message 7 of 118

I second the issues. My X4 was working fine with Android Auto until I got the 9.0 update. Now it doesn't work at all, it disconnects immediately after connecting the cord. I've tried several cords, data transfer on my computer works fine, it's just android auto. My wife's phone works great with my car (2018 Honda Clarity) so I know it's just my phone. Please fix Motorola. Android auto is very important to me!!!

juliff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,049
Message 8 of 118

I've been using Android Auto for over a year on my car's display on a Moto XPure. Got a Moto X4 running Pie and it tries to run and locks up the display.

I love Android but the support sucks big time. Nobody will take ownership of a problem. This is clearly a bug. All I get is from Motorola or Google are user error solutions. Reboot, clear cahce, new cable, etc.

Motorola OWN THIS BUG AND FIX IT!!!!!!!

Caderade
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,038
Message 9 of 118

I agree with Juliff 100% - Moto needs to own this bug and fix it!

Based on feedback from another thread I factory reset my phone - this did help me to connect to Android auto but it is problematic to say the least (disconnects at random) more than anything it was a giant pain to get all of my apps logged in.

No sense in contacting Google as this issue does not occur with Pixel phones.

THIS IS ALL ON YOU MOTO

@Moto Dev needs to get to work. You are going to get a worse reputation.

If this is not fixed soon I will be moving to another phone for sure - who's with me?

vicnam
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 3,008
Message 10 of 118

Like I stated before I already did move to a Pixel and steer away from Motorola Phones. They used to be reliable even if the updates were from slow to none. But everything was working at least. By reading on other treads is not only Moto X4 affected by this bug also some Moto Z and Moto G owners (I don't remember the exact series) repoting the same issue with Android Auto I don't think Motorola is worried to find a solution to fix this problem. They just want to keep selling newer phones. But not to me  Motorola lost my confidence.

Top Kudoed Authors