Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ecurb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 720
Message 51 of 118

Re: Android Auto worst after Pie Update - Disconnects right after connected

My moto g5+ with android 8 works fine. I believe x4 worked fine until android 9.
vicnam
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 684
Message 52 of 118

That is incorrect. My Moto X4 android one started to have the disconnect problem since the update to Oreo back in June 2018. Like many others back then I updated my information, submitted bug reports and tried the third party cables marked as the "Solution" in the first tread for this problem and nothing helped. For the new people please don't think this issue is going to be fixed. Some of us give up on this phone for Android Auto and moved to a different device. We have been running in circles with not a real solution to this problem.

Highlighted
MikeHayes43
Fanfold Paper
Views: 600
Message 53 of 118

Re: Moto X4 is horrible after Android 9.0 Pie Update

If they would just fix the problem with Android Auto I would be very happy.  But seeing as how it randomly disconnects while I'm trying to find an adress in New York City.... Lenovo needs to get off it's butt and find a way to fix a problem that I've seen posted for almost a year now.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 616
Message 54 of 118

@adolly10 wrote:

I also bought a new X4 and AA work perfectly for a few weeks. Then all of a sudden, it keeps disconnecting. 

AA is the main app I use in the car. 

Thanks for posting here. May I know the make and model of your car? Also, please update your forums profile with your IMEI, carrier and phone. 

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

marknoo
Paper Tape
Views: 568
Message 55 of 118

I feel your pain. I won't be buying a Motorola phone again.  This is just too big of a pain. Nothing works as it should.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 564
Message 56 of 118

Hi MikeHayes43,

We are closely working on the Android Auto concern. Rest assured our teams are still working on that. We will keep everyone updated on the thread. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

adolly10
Paper Tape
Views: 594
Message 57 of 118

I updated my profile a week ago with phone details as you were asking for.  We have 2017 and 2018 sonatas.  With several cables,  the issue replicates, both vehicles. 

Not a car or cable issue it seems.

alul
Fanfold Paper
Views: 560
Message 58 of 118

It's interesting, I already pointed out the bug to them long time ago. why beating around the bush and ask people to upload anything? it is the EXACT same issue that the software had, during early days of andriod 8. when X4 locks the screen, it looses connection. So I assume, someone in the software team must have documented it in the past, and thus they know EXACTLY how to address it, OR maybe I'm just too optimistic that Lenovo has a robust software team.

P.S: I have a couple of friends who work in their Chicago office, the good old Motorola mobility team. They fired mosft of the software team from their US office long time ago, and now they are handling both software and hardware design mostly in China. there you have it Smiley Happy

Krozar
SCSI Port
Views: 549
Message 59 of 118

@alul wrote:

It's interesting, I already pointed out the bug to them long time ago. why beating around the bush and ask people to upload anything? it is the EXACT same issue that the software had, during early days of andriod 8. when X4 locks the screen, it looses connection. So I assume, someone in the software team must have documented it in the past, and thus they know EXACTLY how to address it, OR maybe I'm just too optimistic that Lenovo has a robust software team.

P.S: I have a couple of friends who work in their Chicago office, the good old Motorola mobility team. They fired mosft of the software team from their US office long time ago, and now they are handling both software and hardware design mostly in China. there you have it Smiley Happy

We are approaching a year since USB issues were first introduced with the first 8.1 update.  They did fix most USB issues with a patch a few weeks later, but Android Auto has never worked since.  As others have mentioned and observed, there was another thread that was heavily used for this issue, but it was falsley marked as "solved", when it actually wasn't.

Lenovo knows full well that this issue persists.  Whether or not they truely believe they caused the break is unknown.  Many of us have given them valuable information which indicates the break is on their end, yet we are still here with no fix.  This leaves a handful of possibilities: 

1) Lenovo understands they broke AA, but is clueless on how to fix it.  In this case, users should concede all hope for a fix, as their dev team is not competant enough to debug and patch their own coding.

2) Lenovo understands they broke AA, and understands how, but is unwillling to rollback or patch the changes they made for one reason or another.  They continue to visit these forums and request more  data in an attempt to make it appear they want to fix the issue, but really have no intention to.  In this case, users should ditch their Moto X4 and buy something different.

3) Lenovo does not understand they broke AA, and are adamant that some other outside factor (Google Dev, USB cable, head unit, etc) is to blame.  There is absolutely no evidence to support this line of thinking.  In fact, all evidence clearly points to this issue being introduced by Lenovo Dev (no other devices from other manufacturers have AA issues).  If this scenario is in play, then their dev team is not compentant enough to understand the impacts that their own code can have on a hardware device, and users should concede all hope for a fix.

At best, Lenovo support is present in this forum thread in a poor PR stunt to make users feel like they are really trying.  It should NEVER take more than 1-2 months to rollback or patch a change that breaks a function of any device.

If you're reading this, and still have a Moto X4 that doesn't work with AA, it's time to throw in the towel.  None of the 3 scenarios above ends in a fix for the Moto X4.  Buy something different.  The Pixel devices work flawlessly (GIANT clue that Google is not responsible for AA not working, as these devices run pure, unaltered Android), and should be stongly considered as canditates to replace your X4.

juliff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 543
Message 60 of 118

Luckily, I was able to send mine back for a refund after trying everything. Bought another brand of phone and it works flawlessly. Hmm...

Top Kudoed Authors