Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diobando
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 745
Message 101 of 122

Re: Android Auto worst after Pie Update - Disconnects right after connected

I bought the exact same cable yesterday. But just like any other cable Android Auto disconnected after a few minutes of use.  It didn't connect again after that.

So everyone, do not waste more money on cables.  Motorola has to fix this issue. This is a software issue. 

I'll be returning this cable to Walmart.

SRTie4k
Fanfold Paper
Views: 722
Message 102 of 122

Please do not do a disservice to this thread with muddled "theories" about speeds, and without proper, full testing. I've sat in my car for 30 minutes without an interruption in Android Auto functionality using an Anker cable, only for it to disconnect on it's own after ~35 min of use.

All USB A to USB C "certified" cables (all should be, but a handful slipped through the cracks early in the life of USB C) should support the same speeds.

This is NOT a cable issue, this is a software issue. The only thing we can do is continue to complain until Motorola fixes the issue.

Highlighted
of3r
Paper Tape
Views: 696
Message 103 of 122

You are correct that this is a software issue that should have a software solution (and that solution needs to come from Motorola/Lenovo perhaps in conjunction with google) 

However, since it is very likely a problem that is triggered by intermittent communication/IO performance drops - little tweaks such as better cables may significantly impact (reduce) the frequency this problem is encountered. The "solutions" suggested by users such as changing cables & removing IO bottlenecks like a faulty SD card will *never* fix the root problem - they can reduce/eliminate bottlenecks that trigger the problem and that *can* make a difference.

I don't know about you, but I consider every time AA disconnects while I'm driving a potentialy dangerous situation. It distracts me from driving, and if I was relying on AA for navigation at the time it might force me to stop or try to fumble with my phone while driving to resume navigation. If I can *reduce* the frequency of such interruptions with a <$10 investment in a cable - that's a great investment in my book.

So if you ask me...

- Forum users - Please keep posting observations that seem to reduce the impact of this problem! 

- Motorola/Lenovo - Please get off your asses and FIX THIS before someone gets killed or kills someone else because of the distraction this problem creates while driving. This problem was reported LONG ago and at this point it can be argued that not fixing it is negligence that endangers lives.

NatalieRose
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 638
Message 104 of 122

I would like to point out that, if you are relying on your Android THIS mush WHILE driving, then YOU AND YOUR CAR are a danger to the rest of us on the road. We all got along fine before without AA... maybe you should learn how to drive defensively again? Ijs. 

Gene22
Paper Tape
Views: 635
Message 105 of 122

I only use AA for navigation.  I find it very helpful and Google sends me $15,000 per month for letting them track my location.  :-)

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 612
Message 106 of 122

@NatalieRose wrote:

I would like to point out that, if you are relying on your Android THIS mush WHILE driving, then YOU AND YOUR CAR are a danger to the rest of us on the road. We all got along fine before without AA... maybe you should learn how to drive defensively again? Ijs. 

Since none of us knows how everyone feels about a particular topic, we can only speak for ourselves, correct?

I was a disaster with paper maps, and find when someone sends me written directions, I'm distracted trying not to lose my place.  And, having never been driven anywhere by any forum member, I'm not in a position to judge anyone's driving skills, so it's best not to speculate on that, don't you think?

The forum house rules  prohibit direct attacks against others.  Perhaps this is a good time for all of us to take a minute or two and review those rules.  They tell us that disagreeing, arguing, discussing...it's all good, as long as we remember out manners.  ;-)

Please see our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules for more information.  

Calimax
Paper Tape
Views: 507
Message 107 of 122

It is possible that someone from Motorola can give us feedback regarding the current status of the connection problems with android auto?

Many thanks.

Dirk

Bereziuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 496
Message 108 of 122

As I had stated I have an aftermarket head unit. A pioneer 2400 NEX. I needed a USB extension cable. I purchased a USB 3.0 extension cable on Amazon. Also I would need a type c to attach to the Moto X4. Also as I stated it would need to be USB 3.0 2 USB type-c. I bought a 1 foot USB 3.0 to type-c also from Amazon. USB 3.0 is the key. Since I have done this, it is now been a week, I have not had a single drop. The last software update that critically affected all of our performance, may have affected the hardware more than we all had anticipated. The high-speed 3.0 cables truly have solve this issue for me and as I have read over the last week it has for many others also.

These are the cables I have used...

COOYA USB 3.0 Type C Cable,1Ft Fast Charging Durable Cable,Nylon Braided Hi-Speed Charger Cord for Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, S10, S10e, S8, S8+, Note 8, LG Stylo 3, LG V20 G6, Moto Z2 Force and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07597J5VY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZSRTCbS2GZXVY

AmazonBasics USB 3.0 Extension Cable - A-Male to A-Female - 3 .3 Feet (2 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014RWAMWC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_oURTCbWA6183Z

I hope this helps others

Gene22
Paper Tape
Views: 471
Message 109 of 122

Good news, Bereziuk. Congrats! Thanks for sharing this information.
HotTongan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 464
Message 110 of 122

The cable that Gene22 recommended worked for me! Oh I'm so happy. No crashes and I've used it for hours now. Thank you so much Gene22 for posting your solution here. Shame on Motorola of course for not fixing the problem but at least we have a workaround.

Top Kudoed Authors