Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWeb
Paper Tape
Views: 477
Message 151 of 164

Re: Android Auto worst after Pie Update - Disconnects right after connected

I have problems again.

Sometimes I can drive 30min., sometimes 1 hour, sometimes several times only 2 min. without disconnect. In this form X4 with AA is useless.

That must be a software problem. With Android 8.0 oreo I had no problems. 

When there will be no update I have to sell my phone and I never will buy a Motorola-Phone again. I want to use my Phone with AA in my car-media-system. But with these disconnects it's totally useless.

My Config:

Phone: Moto X4 Android 9.0 Pie

Media-System: SPHDA230DAB

Please fix this.

Regards

Jens Weber

Renatho
Paper Tape
Views: 444
Message 152 of 164

Talking to another person with the same problem we tried to turn off the "Adaptive Battery" in the Settings. I tested driving for some minutes and it seems to be fixed. Maybe it can be a clue for the Motorola bug to solve.

kiltguy2112
Punch Card
Views: 436
Message 153 of 164

Yeah, did that. It makes it "better", but stil not reliable.

stuff217
Punch Card
Views: 360
Message 154 of 164

I did the battery thing a long time ago, made no difference. I applied it to AA, Maps, etc.... Any app that might be used in AA.  Also tried developer options, new cables, gold plated cables, etc.  Nothing works.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 319
Message 155 of 164

Hi kiltguy2112,

Just following up on this thread. I'd like to confirm, do you still have the phone with you? We would like to further take a look at your device and investigate it. Let me know if you're willing to send us your phone and I can have someone to reach out to you. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Renatho
Paper Tape
Views: 292
Message 156 of 164

Hi Agent_Rich!

As we can see in the forum, it looks like to be a bug in all Motorolas with Android Pie (with Motorola adaptation). Would it not be possible for engineers to get any device with this configuration and test for some time?

My device is a Motorola One Zoom with Android Pie in Brazil.
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 277
Message 157 of 164

Gave up! Got an iPhone!

Jmbhz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 175
Message 158 of 164

I just posted about a similar issue with a brand new One Vision...... I bought a car that just my phone doesn't work (all other phones that i have tried worked fine: iPhones, Samsung even Xiaomi...)... Im starting to consider the same solution that you have applied.... 

JWeb
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 159 of 164

I also gave up.

Ibought an HTC U11. I know this will work, because my girlfriend has this phone and that works fine.

I liked the X4 and the Moto features. But without AA  working with my car media its useless for me.

I think its a software problem, because with Android 8.0 I had no problems. But we get no help here from lenovo for nearly a year. With this support never ever a Motorola again. Even I like the new Razr. But no. No interest anymore. There are other mobile companies out there.

Bye.

JWeb
Paper Tape
Views: 112
Message 160 of 164

Guys, I bought a HTC U11. With this, AA with my car media is a dream.

With the X4 I head to turn the display on and to unlock phone. With the U11 I only have to connect the usb ans it works. No issues no disconnects.

Its a shame, that Lenovo doesnt get the X4 to work.

Btw. is there someone who needs a X4? Doesnt work with AA-car-media, but other things are fine 😂

Ok, I'm out here and never a Motorola again...

Top Kudoed Authors