Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HotTongan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 674
Message 11 of 77

Re: Android Auto worst after Pie Update - Disconnects right after connected

I posted on another thread that factory resetting solved the problem but as you said, I still get random disconnects that I never got before. I find that restarting my phone every night makes them happen a lot less. I got so frustrated at it that I kind of just had to accept the 90% solve. I've told three family members to get Motorola phones in the past 2 years but I can't recommend them anymore. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 618
Message 12 of 77

This is unexpected after an update. We'd like to look into this further. Please make sure that your profile is update with the IMEI number of your device. This will help us investigate. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Also, when the issue happens again, kindly get a bug report and share it with us. Kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message..
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

It would also help if you could provide the make and model of your car/carkit.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 610
Message 13 of 77

We would also advise that you report this to the Android Auto team here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!topic/android-auto/ihcXC...

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

juliff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 607
Message 14 of 77

Will do. I hope the bug report can see the problem. Because mine tries to load and function, but is just incredibly slow and often freezes up. Totally unusable. When I say slow, I mean it can take 20 seconds to move the cursor.

Lesmoore15
Paper Tape
Views: 577
Message 15 of 77

I will do the debugging.  I have noticed that it tends to stay connected until you touch the screen on the car to bring your maps up. Then it disconnects immediatly.  This is the second upgrade in a row that has taken android auto away from me.  I am not happy about this or the amount of time it took someone to reply to this thread.

Caderade
Blue Screen Again
Views: 571
Message 16 of 77

@Agent_JM

Sure, I can do your job.  Let me stop everything I am doing and take care of that for you.

Handle your problems Motorola.  You provide a service and have a known issue.  Get a test lab and find the bug.

Dont make your consumers do your job.  That is pathetic.

You take our money but want our time to provide a solution for your product? Doesnt make sense.

diobando
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 555
Message 17 of 77

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jMLF667KuT-JEjUvExdLNP9v5St-wN9e

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hTB_3moj3ZI3LU2dNqiW-OmhmSxFzD

It connected normally to Android Auto, and after playing spotify for a couple minutes the connection was lost
Lesmoore15
Paper Tape
Views: 532
Message 18 of 77

*removed*

It disconnected within one minute of connecting.

2017 Ford escape

Edited: for privacy - Rich

roadrunner66
What's DOS?
Views: 483
Message 19 of 77

I have the same problem as many others with the Moto X4. I tried all posted 'remedies' like shorter cables of high quality, removing security etc. I have AA for short periods of time , up to 5 or 10 minutes, but sometimes only seconds. Given the high number of people specificially complaining about the X4, I doubt that the root cause is outside the X4. My AA is on a Genesis 2015, with AA recently added as part of their online upgrade program.

TheArturo
What's DOS?
Views: 454
Message 20 of 77

On PPW29.69-26 

Reporting that my X4 is not recognized by Android Auto on my Mazda. 

One of my family member's Essential Phone is recognized properly.

This is very frustrating.

Top Kudoed Authors