Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
happymoto
Paper Tape
Views: 758
Message 131 of 159

Re: Android Auto worst after Pie Update - Disconnects right after connected

I was having similar issues and have tried to follow this topic, all 13 pages, I have un-set the doze settings for Maps and Android Auto 3 days ago and since then never had one disconnect, if I missed someone suggesting this, sorry and if it doesn't work for you sorry again, but thought I would share as it was driving me mad and it is a different experience when it just stays on all the time.

Reparatoren
Fanfold Paper
Views: 712
Message 132 of 159

Hi.

Not sure what "doze Setting" is..

Is it in Maps or in AA -app.?

happymoto
Paper Tape
Views: 691
Message 133 of 159

First the bad news is that I did get a disconnection after about 35mins, but still better than the 5 or 10minutes I was getting.

To set doze, go to settings, then battery, search 'battery optimization', click this and find Android Auto and click this which opens a new window, press radio button that says 'don't optimise' and then press 'done', repeat for Maps. I still think this is an issue Motorola should resolve, but this does make it a lot more usable, I have not yet got the new USB cable will also give that ago.

Reparatoren
Fanfold Paper
Views: 614
Message 134 of 159

Hi everyone.

So I have tried the suggestions from Happymoto regarding doze settings/battery optimizing.  AA have not disconnected since, but I have only tested it on a longer trip last weekend.  It remained connected for more than one hour. (The I had to stop, so no longer test period.) Anyway it is way much better/longer then before. Hope it stays that way a while.. I will update if there is any change.

happymoto
Paper Tape
Views: 601
Message 135 of 159

A further update, with the changes to the doze as metioned in previous post, if the car (vw) radio is switched off I have driven 500 miles in total (about 20 journeys) without any disconnects, however with car radio on I manage about 15 mins before it disconnects, if I listern to spotify or iplayer there is no disconnects. I again hope this can solve your issues as it has mine.

Reparatoren
Fanfold Paper
Views: 478
Message 136 of 159

Hi everyone.

So my X4 still disconnects from my headunit.. No difference with radio in use or not. It can work fine for 10-20 minutes.  After that it disconnects more rapidly.. the phone usually displays error-code 12.

I am so tired of this now...

Reparatoren
Fanfold Paper
Views: 399
Message 137 of 159

Hi everyone.

No news here, but I have searched the internet , and this problem we have with unstable connection, is a problem for many AA users. With many different phones and headunits. So maybe the whole AA-system is part of the problem..

And the sollution AA-support often recommend is a new, better cable.

..I dont know, just tired of this..

If I should buy a new phone, how can I check if AA works?..

kiltguy2112
Punch Card
Views: 395
Message 138 of 159

I switched to a Pixel 2, and my wife switched to a Pixel 3. They both work flawlessly on AA with our KIA head units.

JWeb
Paper Tape
Views: 307
Message 139 of 159

I deactivated the battery optimization for AA and maps. But that didn't work.

Then I also deactevated the battery optimization for spotify (thats the player I use in AA) and I deaktivated the intelligent battery (don't know if this is the right thing in english, in german it is "Intelligenter Akku") in the battery menu. I almost flashed back to android 8.0, but this was my last try to change something.

After this I made a tour of 1h45m without disconnetct and one tour to work of 20min without disconnect. So I don't know if the deactivation of battery optimization of spotify (plus in AA and maps) takes effekt or the deacitavation of the intelligent battery or both.

But I don't try which one takes effekt... never touch a running system Smiley Wink

But this shows, it is a software problem. Perhaps with stock near android versions!? 

And I think it shows that this is a Android or AA problem and not a Moto X4 problem.

jakemonO
Blue Screen Again
Views: 185
Message 140 of 159

Moto X4 Android 9. Car 2019 Kia Forte stock Android Auto. Random disconnects with Android Auto since first day I got the car. Better cable helped a little, but issue still exists.

Top Kudoed Authors