Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ecurb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 718
Message 61 of 114

Re: Android Auto worst after Pie Update - Disconnects right after connected

What annoys me is that Google touts the x4 as another FI ready phone on their web site, which is why I purchased it. Given that I also have other issues with my Pixel 3 (I use my Moto G5 or Samsung Tab 2 often because some apps and interactions on Pixel 3 are unreliable), my trust in Google and their products (and recommendations) has dropped pretty low. 

alul
Fanfold Paper
Views: 705
Message 62 of 114

yes exactly! I only bought it since it was labeled as android one. In fact, I bought it via project Fi, so not only I bought it from google, but I am also using it in their (virtual) mobile network .
davidsco27
Paper Tape
Views: 710
Message 63 of 114

Re: Moto X4 is horrible after Android 9.0 Pie Update

You've been aware of this issue for quite some time now, so yea, it'd be nice if you actually resolved it as I am very close to dumping this phone and buying another brand as well.  I tried the clearing cache of both AA and Google Play Services thing and it was promising for a minute, and then today on a slightly longer drive, boom, it happened again.  Flashing disconnect message, and the bluetooth icon on the dash screen is also flashing, with no alternative but to disconnect and reconnect so it can happen again. Sometimes right away, sometimes a few minutes later.  Very dangerous and annoying to drive like this.  Absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable.  I should also note, while I've only had the phone since November, this issue only cropped up a few weeks ago. It was fine until then. Have also tried different cables

MikeHayes43
What's DOS?
Views: 705
Message 64 of 114

I took a screen shot of the error I get whenever I hookup to Android Auto.

Screenshot_20190306-133026.png

davidsco27
Paper Tape
Views: 701
Message 65 of 114

It's different in my case. When it happens, the app is minimized, but still running in the notification area, but there are flashing errors on my car screen saying "phone stopped responding, trying to connect" and the Blue Tooth Icon is flashing

davidsco27
Paper Tape
Views: 669
Message 66 of 114

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B5LQgQu3Q5wbYyGGb2x4kXiG8-eJZmAE/view?usp=sharing

Here is a link to a video of what happens in my car when it crashes. 

So far I have tried:

1. Clearing cache of AA and Google Play Services

2. Developer Mode has always been enabled on my phone

3. Different cables

I have now deleted my phone from my car's bluetooth and the car from my phone.  Trying that to see if it resolves the issue. I will report back

davidsco27
Paper Tape
Views: 647
Message 67 of 114

Bluetooth accomplished nothing. Problem remains, and if anything seems to be getting worse. Took me 10 minutes of connecting and unconnecting the cable and restarting the app to get it going tonight.  At one point I got an error that said "No apps that use USB Accessory"  I have disabled battery optimization for AA and we'll see if that does anything

NatalieRose
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 503
Message 68 of 114

I probably love Moto more than the next. I bought my Moto G 1st Gen in Oct 2014. It served me well until it's death in June 2018. Being an avid gamer, the G ALWAYS worked better my friends brand new iPhones even. 

Then I bought the x4. And I'm at a loss. I'm told that the DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS, that worked perfectly in Oreo, is learning me & my habits. .. BULL. AT FULL strength brightness & in adaptive I gotta go to 99% bright. When before I loved my screen cuz I could see.... AT JUST 38%. 

With Verizon, for over 10yrs now, I got the Prime Day phone and I can't believe my x4 slips in n out of service.. .I LIVE IN SILICON VALLEY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. ... 

Please do SOMETHING. Motorola is a dynasty, pioneers in this industry....what gives?

of3r
Paper Tape
Views: 447
Message 69 of 114

I also have an X4 that has been giving me constant disconnection trouble with Android Auto especially since the "pie" update.

None of the solutions you and others mentioned on this forum worked for me, until yesterday I tried one more thing and It seemed to stabilize things so far...

I removed my SD card!

Android apps do read/write a lot of stuff into the Android/data folder on the inserted SD card if there is one, and I was suspecting that perhaps some IO problems with the SD card were causing these hiccups.

With the SD card out (and then also with a brand new SD card in) all my disconnection problems magically vanished, I was even able to navigate with Android Auto a 20-25 minute drive without it crashing - it *always* crashed anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes)

I don't know if this is a lenovo thing, or a google/android thing but if this is the cause of the problems, they should be able to more gracefully handle IO errors and just use internal memory until the next restart if they are encountered (or always use internal memory for Android Auto! it's important enough to keep it stable IMHO)

DGCA3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 411
Message 70 of 114

So you took out the old SD card and put in a new SD card, or just left the card out all together?

Top Kudoed Authors