Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
of3r
Paper Tape
Views: 592
Message 81 of 118

Re: Moto X4 is horrible after Android 9.0 Pie Update

Moto X4 (Amazon) with latest updates, PPW29.69-39-1

2019 Chrysler Pacifica with stock u-connect head unit.

gator73
Punch Card
Views: 482
Message 82 of 118

Re: Moto X4 is horrible after Android 9.0 Pie Update

Android Auto very unstable. Many disconnects, often in loops. Tried multiple usb cables on the google "suggested or verified" list with no improvment. Now getting communication error 16. AA is pretty much useless at this point.

2019 Acura TLX  auto.

GD63
What's DOS?
Views: 413
Message 83 of 118

Re: Android Auto worst after Pie Update - Disconnects right after connected

I upgraded an X4 after having issues on Moto G5S Plus. The Android Auto connection was unstable after Oreo update. This new X4 with Pie is useless for Android Auto. Can't make it an hour before it disconnects and then requires me to delete the connection on both the car and phone, then reconnect before it will work. Based on form responses, this has been a problem since Oreo was rolled out. No resolution and no communication from Motorola for how long? Unaccepatble.

This was my 3rd Motorola phone and is currently a waste of money as I will need to replace it. Obviosly it will not be a a Motorola phone. You have lost a loyal customer (5 phones in my immediatefamily over the last 3 years). 

HotTongan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 394
Message 84 of 118

Indeed, it's very frustrating. 

Bereziuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 378
Message 85 of 118

I'm in the same boat as everybody. My Moto X4 continually disconnects Android auto. I haven't tried this yet, but I read either on this forum or in another forum,  Android Autoi s very current sensitive and USB C is also. Their suggestion is to not use an extension cable if possible. If you're using an aftermarket head unit, from my understanding connect directly using USB C and not the extension that may have come with your head unit. I have yet to pull my deck and try this but it made sense, so I thought I would post.... I hope this is The simple solution I do plan on pulling my head unit in the coming weeks and trying this. If someone else does it first let's hear the result

diobando
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 373
Message 86 of 118

I've tried long and short cables and that is not the problem

lazyart
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 87 of 118

Once upon a time I had a Moto X Pure.  Fantastic phone, but the updates stopped way too soon.
A couple years later I went ahead and bought this x4. And now I got updates, but the updates broke one of the key Android features for me.  I bought my car stereo FOR the Android Auto feature and I love and rely on it.  All of these suggestions by Lenovo to change the cable and update our profiles with carrier/IEMI/serial (or whatever they are asking for) is smoke and mirrors.  All they have to do is plug one of their phones into a stereo and plainly see it doesn't work.
Nearly six months and no solution?
Yeah, I'm done trying.  My OnePlus 5 (great deal refurb on eBay) works fantastically with my stereo, using the same USB cord.
The moto party is over.  Thanks for playing.

lazyart
Paper Tape
Views: 374
Message 88 of 118

Don't waste your time with this.  My USB cable was directly connected to my aftermarket stereo and worked until that fateful update came down and killed it for everyone.
In fact I did put an extension in later, and it works fine with my new (not motorola) phone.
It's not the cables.
It's not the stereo (I updated the firmware on it when I started having trouble.  It didn't help).
It's the phone.  Specifically, it's the update pushed onto the phone.

I'm in the same boat as everybody. My Moto X4 continually disconnects Android auto. I haven't tried this yet, but I read either on this forum or in another forum,  Android Autoi s very current sensitive and USB C is also. Their suggestion is to not use an extension cable if possible. If you're using an aftermarket head unit, from my understanding connect directly using USB C and not the extension that may have come with your head unit. I have yet to pull my deck and try this but it made sense, so I thought I would post.... I hope this is The simple solution I do plan on pulling my head unit in the coming weeks and trying this. If someone else does it first let's hear the result

Krozar
SCSI Port
Views: 327
Message 89 of 118

@lazyart wrote:

Once upon a time I had a Moto X Pure.  Fantastic phone, but the updates stopped way too soon.
A couple years later I went ahead and bought this x4. And now I got updates, but the updates broke one of the key Android features for me.  I bought my car stereo FOR the Android Auto feature and I love and rely on it.  All of these suggestions by Lenovo to change the cable and update our profiles with carrier/IEMI/serial (or whatever they are asking for) is smoke and mirrors.  All they have to do is plug one of their phones into a stereo and plainly see it doesn't work.
Nearly six months and no solution?
Yeah, I'm done trying.  My OnePlus 5 (great deal refurb on eBay) works fantastically with my stereo, using the same USB cord.
The moto party is over.  Thanks for playing.

Actually this is almost a year.  The issues started with the first 8.1 update that started going out at the end of April '18.  Fun fact: They actually pulled the first 8.1 update, as that update actually killed ALL USB functionality except for charging.  About a month later they re-released a new 8.1 update which fixed most USB fuctionality, except AA.  And there has not been any real word from Lenovo on this issues other than "we're looking into this.  Can everyone please update their profile with their phones and head units?"  A year later, that's all Lenovo ever says about this issue.  As state previously, this a smoke and mirrors game Lenovo is playing with all of you, to make it appear they're doing something.  They're not.  This phone will be 2 years old in a few months, and is nearly end of life for support.  They're just going to keep playing the same game until they can safely say they no longer will release any new updates for it.

Find a new phone everyone.  For anyone who just recently purchased this phone, and you came here hoping to find a solution, you're out of luck.  RETURN THE PHONE IMMEDIATELY, while you're still within your return period, as Lenovo will not do anything for you under warranty.

BTW, Lenovo moderators... I challenge you to provide any real, confirmable evidence that contradicts anything I've stated.  Your silence on the challenge will be taken as confirmation that no real work is being pursued on this issue..  Don't hold your breath, folks.  You won't see anything from them that anyone outside of Lenovo walls can even begin to try to confirm.

vicnam
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 317
Message 90 of 118

Yes that is the truth. 

Top Kudoed Authors