Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlecXVS
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 455
Message 1 of 6

Android One model seems to have non-One software

I'm not sure how this is possible so I'm hoping someone can provide some insight. I got a refurbished Moto X4 from Google to replace my defunt Moto X4. Based on the hardware specs and versions, it seems to be the Android One model as I expect. However, it has a colorful and noisy boot animation, some extra Moto apps, an Alexa integration (???), slightly different app launcher, and the Motorola style one touch navigation. None of these should exist on the Android One software, right?

I'm very confused by this, and also annoyed, because I really enjoyed the Android One software on my original phone, and this is not it.

Can anyone confirm if this is not the Android One software based on my description?

And can an Android One phone really run non Android One software?

I get the impression maybe someone flashed it with the wrong software but I have no clue. I contacted Fi support but they were very unhelpful (the conclusion was I might get an update in the future --  vague and unlikely to fix this). I'm going to try again, because either I need to flash a different software or get yet another replacement and neither are nice options.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 400
Message 2 of 6

Re: Android One model seems to have non-One software

Hi AlecXVS,

Thanks for your post. I'd like to check this, can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

AlecXVS
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 379
Message 3 of 6

I've updated my profile, Motorola Privacy is on. You can look at my apps,

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 351
Message 4 of 6

Thanks AlecXVS,

We checked this and we confirmed you're not using an Android One version. If you had it prior to your replacement, I recommend contacting back Google if that's the case. Let me know, just post if you need further assistance. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

AlecXVS
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 268
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the confirmation, and the fast response. I responded to Fi support asserting this issue and they sent me another replacement. This replacement is definitely running Android One (though it may have an issue with the side buttons... good grief).

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 206
Message 6 of 6

Hi AlecXVS,

Thanks for your response. Sorry for the late reply. Would you like addressing the side buttons? Let me know what's you've noticed. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors