Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tidus79001
Punch Card
Views: 987
Message 31 of 98

Re: Android pie update

I'm a bit disappointed that the update last night was only the 8.1 October update.  That being said I found this article that confirms that the soak test for the Pie update for the X4 has officially started.  Better to be wait, and get it right rather than have another disaster update like the 8.1 update that we still are having issues with aftery plus months.  I'm still predicting a mid December drop on the update.

https://www.xda-developers.com/motorola-moto-x4-android-pie-soak-test-india/

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,141
Message 32 of 98

Re: Where is Android 9

Hi brent59,

We are working on the new Android 9.0 Pie code. Our goal is to get it right and make sure the phone performance is the best it can be. We'll share upgrade plans for our products and keep everyone posted on our software upgrade news page and the Motorola blog.

I can have someone take a look if you are on the correct build. Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone and your carrier? This will help us investigate. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,047
Message 33 of 98

We are working on the new Android 9.0 Pie code. Our goal is to get it right and make sure the phone performance is the best it can be. We'll share upgrade plans for our products and keep everyone posted on our software upgrade news page and the Motorola blog.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Pradeep890
Fanfold Paper
Views: 985
Message 34 of 98

Re: Moto X4 (India) any plans to upgrade to Android P?

I think they are gonna skip 8.1 and give us the pie directly. I had a chat with a moto agent through contact us option and they said that x4 is getting pie soon. My guess is within a week or two from now. Tbh its not unreasonable for them to not upgrade us to 8.1 cause they are working on refining android 9.0.

abrfilho
Paper Tape
Views: 625
Message 35 of 98

I'm using Pie here on my Moto X4 XT1900-6 and noticed that Motorola didn'n implemented adoptable storage even this feature being compatible with Android Pie and File Based Encryption, my variant have only 32GB and only system takes 12GB, do you know if this feature will be implemented in the future?

Miketorcy
Punch Card
Views: 530
Message 36 of 98

dmiller903
Serial Port
Views: 329
Message 37 of 98

I found this link today, https://support.motorola.com/us/en/Solution/MS135157 describing the Android Pie Release Notes for the Moto X4 Android One version. However, checking for the update yields no results, nor I have been pushed the update yet. 

Highlighted
Mparks1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 278
Message 38 of 98

Seeing documents about it is a good sign that it's coming soon. Most software is released with documentation for it already to go.  How you found that link is interesting as usually it's such is not available until the release. But then I seen a post about the Brazilian model already rolling out OTA updates with pie.  

Looks like it's will have only the Nov security patch included which they already pushed to android 8.1 on the X4 Android one.  

Tidus79001
Punch Card
Views: 185
Message 39 of 98

Is there anyone in the US with an Android One, Moto X4 that has received the Pie update yet?

peachtree
802.11n
Views: 111
Message 40 of 98

I see here and in another Thread users in Brazil having Pie now. Still nothing regarding Germany (We didn't even get 8.1). It often feels that Motorola have abandonded Europe

Top Kudoed Authors