Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crsh1976
Paper Tape
Views: 580
Message 171 of 178

Re: Android pie update

Just tried twice again, setting the debogging mode to PTP as I read elsewhere it might work, but to no avail. 

Flashing goes through without any hint of an error or freeze, but once the phone reboots it's still running 8.0.0

I'm getting pretty tired of this, perhaps going with LineageOS might yield better results.

Mparks1
Punch Card
Views: 531
Message 172 of 178

LineageOS actually works very well on a Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4 I have.  Samsung only supported it up to KitKat and with LinageOS I am able to run Nougat on it quite well as it was a powerful tablet for its day. Everything works fine on that tablet except the back camera. The google camrea app in the build for that device can't connect to it. Just be aware that you could have little issues like that with Lineage on the X4 and if thats a deal breaker you need to save the factory ROM to go back to.   The question is, Is there a Pie build for the x4 yet in linageOS? last I looked it was still on Oreo but that may have changed. I would not change to an open andriod distrbution unless it will advace you farther than the manufacture supported Os and you're not under warranty. Rooting the device will most certainty void the warrany if still in place. 

Of course we can't talk much about rooting and open source roms in this forum.  XDA is a better place for that.

Apple Certified iOS Technician who likes Android
Jon2222
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 477
Message 173 of 178

Re: What happened to RETEU updates???

Hi setcho, 

I also have X4 XT1900-5 on reteu  running Oreo 8. I've downloaded the Lenovo moto smart assistant, and the google usb drivers as suggested.  I cant seem to get past the stalling at 51%. Its still on 8.0. Any suggestions?  I've tried to install  the google USB driver using windows 10 device manager.. is this correct? Somehow it  does not seem to want to accept the new driver. 

KC15
Punch Card
Views: 466
Message 174 of 178

@Jon2222 wrote:

Hi setcho, 

I also have X4 XT1900-5 on reteu  running Oreo 8. I've downloaded the Lenovo moto smart assistant, and the google usb drivers as suggested.  I cant seem to get past the stalling at 51%. Its still on 8.0. Any suggestions?  I've tried to install  the google USB driver using windows 10 device manager.. is this correct? Somehow it  does not seem to want to accept the new driver. 

Are you changing the Fasboot Payton S Driver in device manager or something else? Fasboot payton S is what the phone is listed as whilst it's doing the update and that driver needs to be set to ADB if haven't done that

Jon2222
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 429
Message 175 of 178

3.PNG

Thanks for your reply. I've tried updating the driver when the phone appears a fastboot payton in the device manager as it does when you start the flash process with the Lenovo smart assistant.  Ive tried browsing to the location of the drivers but its not accepting or recognising. Can you provide the name of the driver please . Ive tried to direct it to the windows\system32\drivers folder, and also to the folder where I now have downloaded the google android  USB drivers too. 

KC15
Punch Card
Views: 415
Message 176 of 178

I think the driver's called ADB device. After clicking browse my computer for driver software I think clicked the select from a list option and found it somewhere on the list. 

Jon2222
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 383
Message 177 of 178

OK, thanks I've now managed to get the 9.0 upgrade working on the Moto  X4 XT1905  retu.  I  eventually managed to locate the ADB driver somehow. It froze at 51%, then eventially rebooted after 20 min and it wa son 9.0.

Motoz
Punch Card
Views: 125
Message 178 of 178

Just had an automatic update to PPWS29.69-37-4, security patch level: 1 July 2019 on my X4. Polish variant used in UK XT1900-7 dual SIM.

Top Kudoed Authors