Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dallas7
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,230
Message 21 of 178

Re: Android pie update

Well, I read those three links on the first page.  Since "X4" is several different models globally, that info doesn't amount to anything relative to an actual timeline.

In any event, I hope my XT1900-1 is last in line so I can read up on all the historically proven inevitable problems and the solutions, workarounds, etc.  I'm sure all those nice -2 and -5/7 folks won't mind testing it out. Smiley Wink

And maybe by then, we XT-1900-1 owners might get a nice patched 9.0 upgrade.

Cheers.

Miketorcy
Punch Card
Views: 1,206
Message 22 of 178

SomeNothingness
Token Ring
Views: 1,130
Message 23 of 178

I'm sure it's coming.  But i don't think testing has started for the US variant, even though rumor was the MFN soak started 6 weeks ago, as no one ever adheres to the NDA, and nothing has been said. 

Mparks1
Punch Card
Views: 928
Message 24 of 178

I just asked support in chat if they planned to release Pie with in this month or if they were ever going to release the October 2018 security update for my X4 android one version.  since I have had it they have released an update monthly and October is nearly over.  The answer I got was the same as on the web page, comming this fall pending partener support.  I asked again about security updates to the in place OS 8.1 and was told he had no information about that.   

I think the updates especially security updates need to be more often thats the big difference between Android and the eveil enpire of Apple. But my X4 is more up to date than my Samsung or LG phones were.

Apple Certified iOS Technician who likes Android
SomeNothingness
Token Ring
Views: 1,097
Message 25 of 178

So it's been about two full months since that email went out asking mfn subscribers to take a survey to find out whether or not they would be accepted into the soak. Two months later we have no word. Even more so if it normally only takes a week maybe two weeks to do a soak then obviously there must be a lot of issues to be four times as long as originally suggested.

Of course that's just rumor.

Tidus79001
Punch Card
Views: 937
Message 26 of 178

My guess is that the next update the pushed to the X4 will be Android Pie.  Most likely the reason that we haven't seen a 8.1 October patch on the X4 Android One phone is because they are finalizing the Android Pie ROM.  My guess is that we will see it between now and the first week of December.

Hopefully sooner rather than later as after 6 months I am tired of the Bluetooth issues plaguing the phone since 8.1 was released in May.

brent59
Paper Tape
Views: 780
Message 27 of 178

Where is Android 9

I have a Moto X4 I purchase from Project Fi. My Security Update still says Sept. 2018? Is there an update for my phone?

I am also curious when or how I can get updated to  Android 9.

Thanks in Advance

dmiller903
Serial Port
Views: 726
Message 28 of 178

I just received the October 2018 security patch, still no Pie. 

Mparks1
Punch Card
Views: 718
Message 29 of 178

I just manually checked for updates and got the October 2018 update downloading now.  That all it said it was nothing About Pie or 9.0 at all mentioned. 

Update complete and is just the October update.  I have to say even with no pie they are still better at updates than LG. My old G5 RS988 unlocked non carrier phone is still in 7.0 December 2017 security update. 

Apple Certified iOS Technician who likes Android
Pradeep890
Punch Card
Views: 555
Message 30 of 178

Re: Moto X4

Is normal x4 (Indian variant/non-Android one getting Android pie directly skipping 8.1 update? Or is it just forgotten? Cause I'm on 8.0 on Moto x4 bought from Amazon in India.

Top Kudoed Authors