Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
busixb
Punch Card
Views: 721
Message 71 of 154

Re: Android pie update

So the Pie build killed my VoLTE.  I bought this phone at launch and it didn't have VoLTE until one of the first SW updates and for some reason the Pie build killed it again. Build is PPW29.69-26 and it's a 1900-1 SKU . Also don't see an option in settings to enable/disable. 

Using with Verizon but owned every X in t he e past and had no issues.  Please help .

Anyone else having this issue?

ParteekSingh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 687
Message 72 of 154

Re: Moto X4 Pie update for India

Hello Team,

Kindly update when android Pie is going to be available for Moto X4 in India???

As the pie is available for other countries what about India?? 

peachtree
802.11n
Views: 470
Message 73 of 154

@ZomboRomano wrote:

Motorolas update page now says that all Android One Moto X4s are receiving the update in STAGES and will all be updated by January 10th. This is what I was talking about earlier when I said I don't believe carriers are too involved, because I frequently see these updates rolled out in groups to avoid too many people crashing a server or system

Checking the UK page, for the Regular X4 it says "This device will be upgraded to the Android 9 (Pie) release of Android, pending partner support.". Same on the German Page (but in German, of course!). And this is with choosing "Retail" as to where you got the device, rather than a Carrier. (It doesn't have the US wording of "Retail or other Carrier", as for instance only T-Mobile supply it in Germany outside of Retailers). I believe that has been the wording for a long time for upgrades. (And probably why I was convinced that Carriers were involved, Retail or not)

Checking on the US site, it says that the regular X4 will also get the upgrade by Jan 10th. Europe must be on different servers to the US, so it is pretty poor that we don't get the same Love. I wouldn't care if it said "By March 2019" or whatever, as long as it didn't sit like 8.1 did, with some vague "in the future" wording (And we never did get 8.1, by the way).

raindog89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 424
Message 74 of 154

Well I sideloaded the AndroidOne OTA via ADB two days ago and have had no problems so far.

SomeNothingness
Token Ring
Views: 388
Message 75 of 154

Update to 9.0 is now live. Still stuck on Nov 1 patch. 

Already having BT connection, display formatting, music app EQ, speaker issues between mic and speakerphone, muffled voices, all these issues.

RAM use is huge.

Already reset to factory mode .

arnb
Punch Card
Views: 365
Message 76 of 154

@busixb  wrote:

So the Pie build killed my VoLTE.  I bought this phone at launch and it didn't have VoLTE until one of the first SW updates and for some reason the Pie build killed it again. Build is PPW29.69-26 and it's a 1900-1 SKU . Also don't see an option in settings to enable/disable. 

Using with Verizon but owned every X in t he e past and had no issues.  Please help .

Anyone else having this issue?

I have an X4 Project FI version OPWS28.46-21-16, currently on 8.1 with Verizon (FI has no signal in my area).

Are you saying when you go to Settings--> Network and Internet--> Tap Mobile Network Vereizon Wireless--> Advanced-->

You are not seeing this?

Screenshot_20181217-134529.png

Mparks1
Punch Card
Views: 356
Message 77 of 154

Still no Pie for me. I keep checking every day and still shows I'm up to date with 8.1 Nov 2018 security updatScreenshot_20181217-135712.png

Apple Certified iOS Technician who likes Android
SomeNothingness
Token Ring
Views: 350
Message 78 of 154

That screen is not available on the retail version using Android 9.0.

There is no longer a toggle for volte or the screen you have .

All we can choose is LTE 2g or 3-g at least on a retail X4 unlocked from Best buy on T-Mobile.

arnb
Punch Card
Views: 338
Message 79 of 154

@SomeNothingness wrote:

That screen is not available on the retail version using Android 9.0.

There is no longer a toggle for volte or the screen you have .

All we can choose is LTE 2g or 3-g at least on a retail X4 unlocked from Best buy on T-Mobile.

I'm not installing 9.0 until this is resolved! For the record Verizon also does not allow WiFi calling with the X4 project FI version.

Mparks1
Punch Card
Views: 331
Message 80 of 154

What about the Android one version that is Google Fi approved? I have that version but I'm on T-MOBILE. VoLTE is needed in areas with only band 12 700mhz coverage.
Apple Certified iOS Technician who likes Android
Top Kudoed Authors