Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raindog89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 459
Message 81 of 154

Re: Android pie update

I can't speak for Verizon, as I have TMobile.

And I thought that WIfi Calling was missing after sideloaded took the Pie Fi OTA. 

But it's there; they moved it from Wifi Preferences to Mobile Network Preferences.

Not sure about VOLTE as I never used it and I don't know about TMobile's support of this.

Mparks1
Punch Card
Views: 453
Message 82 of 154

VoLTE is not even a separate switch in the menu on mine in 8.1. I believe it's all part of enhanced LTE services under advanced in the network section.
Apple Certified iOS Technician who likes Android
arnb
Punch Card
Views: 448
Message 83 of 154

@Mparks1 wrote:
VoLTE is not even a separate switch in the menu on mine in 8.1. I believe it's all part of enhanced LTE services under advanced in the network section.

AFAIK both WiFi calling,  and VoLte are carrier network dependent options. When my phone was on Project FI it supported WiFi calling, but don't recall if VoLte was an option.

Mparks1
Punch Card
Views: 441
Message 84 of 154

Screenshot_20181217-142053.png

As far as I know this is where you enable VoLTE in 8.1 if the network supports it it will work . WiFi calling is also dependant on the network, TMobile supports that for sure. 

Tidus79001
Punch Card
Views: 426
Message 85 of 154

I just got the Pie update notification on my US, Moto X4, Android One (not using Project for my service).  I will have to wait until I get home in a couple of hours to download it over WiFi.  I hoping that the Bluetooth fix is in there that I tested under 8.1 and that I was told would be included with the Pie update.  I will update details on the status of Bluetooth witb the Pie update in my forum topic at the link below.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4/Moto-X4-Bluetooth-Android-One-Project-Fi-issue-after-Oreo-8-1/t...

Mparks1
Punch Card
Views: 423
Message 86 of 154

I just checked again for the second or third time today and now I have the pie update downloading.
brent59
Paper Tape
Views: 402
Message 87 of 154

I just looked at my Moto X4 and am on Google Fi and the update is coming down now. Have heard that Google will be enforcing that all Android Phones start getting security updates and others on a regular basis or they cannot have Android anymore.

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3065100/googles-refreshed-android-license-will-force-phone...

dallas7
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 358
Message 88 of 154

Just got the Pie 9.0 notification for my Oreo 8.1 XT1900-1, TracFone/AT&T.

I'll be in the "Tapping remind me later" mode until the weekend.

Cheers.

Mparks1
Punch Card
Views: 352
Message 89 of 154

My update finished and so far so good. I went looking for the enhanced LTE services settings and it either not there or has been moved from network. I'm going to guess the phone still supports it and now you have no control over it if supported by the carrier. My tmo wifi calling is still working. I found some dark mose settings in apps that I like too. 

Sushant04
What's DOS?
Views: 261
Message 90 of 154

Pie update in india moto x4

When does we get pie update in india for moto x4

Top Kudoed Authors