Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

66 Posts

02-24-2013

United States of America

180 Signins

2268 Page Views

• Views: 2268
  • Message 1 of 3

Assistant Helping Too Much

2019-01-07, 15:09 PM
Since updating to Pie, I've noticed that my phone picks up or repeats commands I speak to my Google Home Minis or my Lenovo Smart Display/Assistant. For example, before Pie, "Hey Google, set a timer for 2 minutes". Google Mini or Lenovo Display, "Sure, setting a timer for 2 minutes". And then a few seconds later, my phone chimes in as well with it's own separate timer. The only thing that has changed is the upgrade to Pie. My phone, my Mini, my Display, they are all in the same place (in fact I have an old Moto Z that sits right next to my Display 95% of the time and it behaves perfectly as always). It really doesn't matter which device picks up the command as long as it's only ONE device that picks up the command. Anyone else have this problem of an over zealous Assistant on their X4 after Pie upgrade?
Options

14 Posts

01-03-2019

United States of America

9 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Assistant Helping Too Much

2019-01-07, 22:30 PM

You can always disable the auto-hotword google assistant to prevent that. That's what I did. But that happened on my old S7 as well, so I'm not too surprised here.

Options

66 Posts

02-24-2013

United States of America

180 Signins

2268 Page Views

• Views: 2268
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Assistant Helping Too Much

2019-01-08, 14:54 PM
Yes, I could disable it on my X4 but I use the Assistant on my phone while I'm away from my Google Home devices and would have to enable/disable it as I came and left; not an efficient or acceptable solution.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms