Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rishi_sha
What's DOS?
Views: 805
Message 1 of 8

Battery Not charging for my moto x4

My moto x4 phone's battery is not charging. it came up very sudden, I put it on charge in morning it never charged it showed only 10%. Then after full drain it powered off. Then after my phone is not getting charged. It shows black screen with bolt sign in the ring. but does not charge the battery. I followed post in this community to hold volume down and power key and go in recovery mode and it will work.

But it doesn't seem to help.

Can anyone help ?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 763
Message 2 of 8

Re: Battery Not charging for my moto x4

Hi Rishi_sha,

Thank you for posting. I'd like to confirm, are you using the original charger of the phone? The thunderbolt icon in the ring is an indication that the device is charging. Just to make sure the charger is working, have you tried testing the charger to another phone and see if it will charge? Try charging your phone at least an hour before booting up the phone, I'm thinking if the device is in a deep-discharged state. Also, can you please confirm what options have you tried in the recovery mode? Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

FullOfBadChilds
Fanfold Paper
Views: 437
Message 3 of 8

I am also having the same issue. I never had a battery problem until today when my phone will just not accept the charge no matter what. When I plug in I get the usual sound and vibration that the phone is charging but no matter how long I charge the percentage doesn't go up. Right now I have 8% and as long as I keep it plugged in it doen't seem to loose charge but no matter how long I charge it it will not gain any charge at all. I tried charging it for multiple hours. Then I tried charging with the phone off. I turned it bad on over an hour later and the charge percentage hasn't changed.

I just started having this problem this morning. And I've been looking around the website and found no help. In another thread that I replied to I found many people having the same problem with no solution. I was some instructed to try a reboot from the FastBoot screen. I followed the direction and still had no help. Please reply back as soon as possible. As it is I'm unable to use my phone.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 418
Message 4 of 8

Hi FullOfBadChilds,

I appreciate all the steps and test you've tried. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Highlighted
FullOfBadChilds
Fanfold Paper
Views: 413
Message 5 of 8

I have updated my account with my phone info and it would be great if you took a look at my phone to hopefully find the issue.

And just to let you know. Yesterday I went to my moto help app and ran a battery test. It came back saying the condition of my battery is unknown. 

Piper5150
SCSI Port
Views: 394
Message 6 of 8

Good morning, Yesterday my phone quit taking a charge as well: "the battery can't charge right now" is what the battery status/settings page says. I've tried the two minutes of holding down VOL DOWN and POWER, multiple chargers, multiple cables, Safe Mode, nothing works to charge it up.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 343
Message 7 of 8

Hi FullOfBadChildsPiper5150,

We recommend calibrating your battery. To calibrate the battery, hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate. Let us know what happens after.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Piper5150
SCSI Port
Views: 277
Message 8 of 8

This worked! Thanks!!!!
Top Kudoed Authors