Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ResidentEvl2
Paper Tape
Views: 593
Message 1 of 15

Bluetooth no longer works in car after update March 30

After recent Android Update, my bluetooth no longer connects to my car. Please help. I have factory reset the phone, cleared the cache, unpaired the device and none of these have worked

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 561
Message 2 of 15

Re: Bluetooth no longer works in car after update March 30

@ResidentEvl2 wrote:

After recent Android Update, my bluetooth no longer connects to my car. Please help. I have factory reset the phone, cleared the cache, unpaired the device and none of these have worked

Hello ResidentEvl2,

Greetings from Motorola!

Thanks for posting, let me try to help. Just to narrow down—may I know if you started to notice the issue right after the update? Did you perform Clear Cache/Data on the Bluetooth app under Settings > Apps & notification > All apps > Bluetooth—correct?

Have you tried connecting any other Bluetooth device such as 'Speaker/Headphone' to see if that connects well? You can also try testing with another Car if you have. This will help us narrow down. 

Have you tried resetting your 'Car Bluetooth' to see if that makes any difference?

Best regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

ResidentEvl2
Paper Tape
Views: 552
Message 3 of 15

Yes, I cleared the cache. Did nothing. I do not have another car. Have unpaired/paired

Just reset the car settings. Did nothing.

All of this only began happening after the latest mandatory update. I've had no issues before this latest Android update

SilentJay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 526
Message 4 of 15

I've been having the same problems with my Bluetooth radio in my car. I tried some of the same things and I couldn't get it to work. Hopefully there is some fix for this problem, or a patch that will fix it eventually. 

SRTie4k
Fanfold Paper
Views: 492
Message 5 of 15

Boy, you Motorola/Lenovo guys really know how to screw up these phones. First Android Auto constantly disconnects (which still happens even after the March update), now Bluetooth is half broken.

I have a very similar problem, Moto X4 64GB on 9.0 Pie, Android One version. Just barely updated to March update yesterday, and now my Bluetooth is only half functional. Upon connection to my 2018 VW GTI SE this morning (with OEM head unit), the music I had queued up did not automatically play. I had to manually hit play on the phone. The information from the MP3 file such as track, title, album, also did not show up on the display like it normally does - it was completely blank. And I couldn't play/pause/forward from the controls on the screen.

Now I'm at work and turn on my bluetooth headset (LG HBS800), which pairs to the phone fine, only to discover that none of the command buttons (play/pause/forward/back) work at all.

Yes I tried clearing cache, re-pairing, etc etc. Nothing fixes it.

Simply put, your "engineers" broke Bluetooth commands with this March update. Way to go Motorola/Lenovo. Do you even test these updates?

ResidentEvl2
Paper Tape
Views: 426
Message 6 of 15

Well? Still nothing, Motorola Support?

lacanadio
What's DOS?
Views: 376
Message 7 of 15

I have exactly the same problem with my Subaru Forester. Frequent disconnects due to bluetooth app crashing, no display of track information, etc. This is very frustrating. Fix it.
OmegaMan360
What's DOS?
Views: 295
Message 8 of 15

This is happening for me as well. Moto X4. 

Android v.: 9

Build Number: PPW29.69-39-1

Software Variant: amz

Device affected: Jaguar XE 2017

• No problems with another phone and this car
  • No problems with this phone and Acura

shaun80
Paper Tape
Views: 245
Message 9 of 15

same issue here controls and track data not working on vehicle after 9.0 update , i have a motoz3 i even recieved a whole new phone from verizon and still same issue , if i hook up my moto z2 no issue. and all was working great day before the update . ive also facory reset phone upgraded car radio software ,also tryed down grading bluetooth to 1.3 avrcp and upgrading to 1.5 and 1.6 avrcp . also tryed matching all bluetooth setting with moto z2 in developer options . i had it working 3 different times but as soon as you un sync and resync all issues return. 

ElPotato
Punch Card
Views: 151
Message 10 of 15

Hi ResidentEvl2,

I have similar issues the moment after upgrading/updating from Android 8 to 9.  I can get the audio streaming to work, but the phone 'side' connects for a second, then disconnects, then connects, then disconnects.  It does the loop until I toggle phone calls off.

So far, I have not had a lot of solutions presented from Moto/Lenovo.  I've attempted probably 40 solutions I have found from the web...

I was able to connect a different 9.0/Pie phone (Samsung) to my car's deck, so I know it's not the deck or missing updates for the car.

Top Kudoed Authors